Table of Contents
About the Author
Reviews and Awards
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Can You Recover Data from a Formatted Hard Drive on Mac?
We always experienced the fresh new feeling we get after formatting the Mac drive. It has several advantages, including increased storage space, fighting against any of the online troubles you've been facing, and cleaning up junk files. It also increases the speed of our mac, making it work more efficiently. Losing certain parts of data while trying to format a Mac hard drive is something that is inevitable. It may sometimes seem horrifying as it deletes the complete data from your hard drive. Despite losing the data due to format, you still have a chance to recover all your important data. It is because all the files would be waiting for new data to come and occupy all the empty space during formatting.
There are several effective methods through which you can recover all the data from formatted Mac hard drives. In this article, I will tell you an easy way to recover data from a formatted mac hard drive without putting in much effort. It is recommended to recover your data as soon as you format it to prevent any kind of data loss.
What Should You Do and Not Do After Formatting A Hard Drive on Mac?
Here are some of the important things you need to look after to take full advantage of formatting a hard drive on a Mac.
- Ensure to take care of your hard drive regularly by preventing new data from writing to the drive since formatting the hard drive deletes all the crucial data at once. Doing this enhances your system and increases the data recovery chances. This is the first thing for you to do.
- A high-stand data recovery tool is certainly a game-changer. So, be wise while choosing your data recovery tool. Don't go for any crack tools that don't last long.
- Make sure to check all the data before you start formatting the hard drive. It helps you better understand the formatting process and do better next time.
- Stop doing anything on your hard drive once formatted in case of data overwriting. It could also be the other common problem in data recovery.
- Don't choose a formatted hard drive for the data recovery. Instead, it is better if you go with external or other devices.
How to Efficiently Recover a Formatted Mac Hard Drive
Data recovery can sometimes be a hectic task, especially if you are a beginner. As mentioned above, choosing the right data recovery software can be a crucial part of the data formatting process. If you are not aware of any of the data recovery software, then EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is there to help you. It is a well-known data recovery software for mac that does versatile recovery work such as formatting data recovery, deleted files recovery, partition recovery, undo empty trash and other data losses.
Here is why you need to choose it:
- It is a professional data recovery software with long-time domination in the data recovery field. Their experience is incredible.
- They have about a 99.7% success rate in data recovery that not only limits to formatted files but also other data losses.
- EaseUS accepts a wide variety of file types, including images, documents, audio, documents to archives. So, you can recover any type of file with ease.
- EaseUS works on versatile devices including Mac HDD, SSD, USB drive, SD/CF card, digital camera memory card, DJI drones, dash cams, etc.
- EaseUS is a widely used and trustworthy software. It has an easy-to-use format for quick understanding.
- EaseUS offers you various special features on its software like precision search, pausing the scanning process, and filtering the search results as per your convenience.
It takes three steps to recover data from a formatted hard drive on Mac:
Step 1. Search for lost files
Correctly connect your external hard drive to your Mac. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, and select the external hard drive. Then, click "Search for lost files" to find lost/deleted files on your external devices.
Step 2. Filter and find lost files
After the scan, all file types will be presented in the left panel. Select the file type to find wanted files on your external devices.
Step 3. Preview and recover
Click the file and preview it. Then, select the files you want to recover and click the "Recover" button. You can save your data to local and cloud drives.
* Note that the success rate of SSD primarily depends on whether the trim is on or off. Due to the Trim technology, it can be difficult for any data recovery program to fully recover lost, deleted, or formatted data on it.
Tips to Prevent Unintentional Data Loss On Mac (External) Hard Drive
- Prevent overheating, keeping it close to liquids, not cleaning the system and other things that could damage your hard drive.
- Be careful before you delete your files. The files that don't have an option to store in the Trash bin can be hard to manually restore.
- Make sure that you have a steady power supply. An unstable power supply can lead to several other issues other than data loss.
- Try to update the anti-virus software regularly to prevent data loss.
- Back up your files regularly in time. This could save you a lot of time and effort in the future.
Following all the above best practices can help you prevent data loss. Try to do it regularly to avoid inconvenience. Make sure to visit EaseUS's official website if you are looking forward to buying data recovery software.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
Written by Jean
Since graduating from university, Jean has been writing tech articles and has been a valuable member of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her areas of expertise include data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, and multimedia world.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
5 Easy Ways to Retrieve Your Suddenly Disappeared Files on Mac
Jean/Apr 24, 2023
Mac Raw Recovery: How to Recover Data from Raw Hard Drive/Partition
Daisy/Apr 21, 2023
[Text Recovery Converter Mac] How to Open a Corrupt Word File on Mac and Recover It
Daisy/Apr 14, 2023
MacBook Pro/Air Won't Turn on? 10 Fixes + Bootable Recovery Tips
Jean/Feb 22, 2023