Table of Contents
Update to iOS 11/11.3/12 on iPhone/iPad/iPod without Losing Data
Are you looking for a simple way to update iOS 11 or iOS 11.3/12 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? This article will guide you directly update iOS 11/11.3 on iPhone/iPad/iPod without losing any data by OTA or downloading iOS 11 IPSW firmware with simple steps. Follow to see how to update your iOS devices into latest iOS 11/11.3 with ease now.
In this article, you'll find a clear guide to help you effectively update iPhone/iPad/iPod to iOS 11/11.3 without losing any data. Follow below 2 parts to download and install iOS 11/11.3 on your iDevices now.
Part 1. 3 steps to get iPhone/iPad/iPod ready for iOS 11/11.3/12 update
In order to get a smooth iOS update process on your iPhone, iPad or iPod and avoid unnecessary data loss trouble, please follow below 3 steps and get everything ready on your devices before updating to iOS 11/11.3 now:
Step 1. Check out whether your iPhone, iPad or iPod are available and included for iOS 11/11.3 update
Since not all iOS devices are fully covered when a new iOS system is released, we'd like to recommend you check out whether your iPhone, iPad or iPod are included for the latest iOS 11、11.3 update.
Here below is a list of devices that'll be able to update to iOS 11.3 including new iPhone X:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 7
- iPhone7 Plus
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 1st generation
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd generation
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch
- iPad 2017 model, not a pro, 9.7 inch
- iPad 2018 model not pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 2
- iPod touch 6
- If your devices are included in the list, just follow Step 2 and Step 3 to continue the update preparation jobs now.
Step 2. Prepare iDevices ready for iOS 11/11.3/12 upgrade
In order to avoid iOS 11 or iOS 11.3 update interruption issue, please make sure that your iPhone, iPad or iPod is fully prepared now:
- 1. Internet - WiFi is connected on iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- 2. At least 4GB free space available on iDevices for iOS 11/11.3 update.
- 3. More than 700MB internal storage space for downloading iOS 11.3 update.
- 4. Over 45% battery left on iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- 5. iTunes get updated to the latest version.
- 6. Important data or personal files backed up in advance.
Step 3. Backup iOS data before update to iOS 11/11.3/12
In order to avoid data loss and protect your privacy, it's highly recommended for you to back up your personal files and important contacts into PC rather than iTunes or iCloud.
Here you can free download best iOS backup software - EaseUS MobiSaver to directly backup and extract data from iPhone, iPad or iPod into PC within simple clicks now:
1. Connect your iOS device to your PC. Launch EaseUS MobiSaver > Choose recovery mode: Recover from the iOS device.
2. Let the software scan your iOS device and find all the data for you.
3. Select all your data and click Recover to backup to PC;
Specify a secure spot on your PC to save all your iOS data as a backup then.
Part 2. Update iPhone/iPad/iPod to iOS 11/11.3 with 2 Methods
Here you'll have two methods to try and get iOS 11/11.3 update installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod now:
Method 1. Update and install iOS 11/11.3 on iPhone/iPad/iPod via OTA
If you've checked that your iPhone, iPad or iPod are included in the list of devices which will get iOS 11/11.3 update, then you can follow below simple tips to update and install iOS 11 on your devices now:
1. Go to Settings > Tab on Settings and go to General.
2. Select Software Update > If iOS 11/11.3 is checked and available, click Download.
3. When the iOS 11/11.3 download process completes, press install.
Then all you need is just to wait for the whole iOS 11/11.3 update installing process finish and restart the iPhone, iPad or iPod. There, you can enjoy new iOS 11 with amazing new features now.
If your iDevice finds no update available, don't worry. Just wait or follow Method 2 to manually download iOS 11/11.3 IPSW firmware and get this update through iTunes.
Method 2. Download iOS 11/11.3 IPSW firmware file and update to iOS 11/11.3 with iTunes
This method will guide you to download and update to iOS 11/11.3 through iTunes. Therefore, do remember to update your iTunes on your PC into the latest version first.
1. Connect iOS device to your PC and wait for iTunes to launch and connect to iOS device.
2. Click Device, and click Check for Update; It will download iOS 11/11.3 automatically.
3. Press Download and Update > Download iOS 11/11.3 IPSW firmware file and select the relative .ipsw file for your device;
4. When the download process completes, press and hold Option key/ Shift key > Tab Check for Update;
5. When the update to iOS 11/11.3 messages pops up, click Update;
6. Click Next > Agree.
This process will last longer than updating iOS 11/11.3 through OTA. So please be patient and let your iPhone, iPad, and iPod install iOS 11 without any further operations.
- After installing iOS 11/11.3, you can now restart iPhone/iPad/iPod and enjoy new features on your iDevices. If you lost some data during iOS 11 update process, don't worry. You can restore them from your backups on PC.
Part 3. Enjoy iOS 11.3 new features on your iPhone/iPad/iPod
After installing iOS 11.3 update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you can now enjoy here below new features of iOS 11 now:
iOS 11.3 comes with support for the latest version of ARKit, which gets vertical can now recognize and place augmented reality objects on vertical surfaces, and can now detect images like artwork and movie posters in AR apps.
- Battery Health
You can check up on the health of your iPhone's battery and control the iOS performance management feature. It lets you see your battery's maximum capacity, and turn the performance management feature on or off.
- Health Records
Health Records let you view hospital visits, immunizations, lab results, and more right in the Health app.
- Apple Music
iOS 11.3 introduces a new experience around music videos within Apple Music, with a new dedicated section inside the Browse tab.
- HomeKit software authentication
What are you waiting for?! Don't wait and follow to get your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch effectively update to iOS 11 or iOS 11.3 without losing any data and enjoy the fancy iOS 11/11.3 features right now.
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS MobiMover allows you to easily transfer all data from your iPhone to your PC. The app is available for both Windows and Macs so irrespective of which platform you use, you are covered.
- By iPhoneHacks Editor
If you've forgotten the password of your old iPad or an iPhone or bought a used iOS device that doesn't let you in as it has Face ID or Touch ID enabled, EaseUS MobiUnlock comes in for the rescue.
- By Phoneworld Editor
EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free is a useful and and reliable software solution created to serve in computer migration operations, be it from one machine to another or from an earlier version of your OS to a newer one.
- By Softpedia Editor
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair.
- By Techradar Editor