Quick fixes for iPhone 7/8 and iPhone 7 Plus users to fix freezing screen or app freezes, crashes and nonresponses issues after iOS 10/11 update.
iPhone 7/8/iPhone 7 Plus freeze
"When I got a brand new iPhone 7 Plus, I felt so excited that I can never accept the truth that it really lets me down. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus would freeze whenever trying to open contacts, text messages, make calls, use the camera to take photos or play music and games! Can't stand the garbage phone anymore."
Are you experiencing the nasty surprise on the newest iPhone? Since so many iPhone 7 (Plus) users are reporting the "freeze" issue, especially after installing each iOS 10 & beta version update. Being a little different from the common iPhone problems, such as iPhone stuck at white Apple logo, unresponsive iPhone screen, iPhone stuck at recovery mode, iPhone messages after iMessage update or sudden app quit, this time the freezing problem mainly strikes iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus, which initially comes out with iOS 10 software.
How to fix iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus Randomly Freezing Screen?
The freezing iPhone app and iPhone screen are now the biggest problems that Apple is facing, to fix it, Apple now releases another iOS 10.2 update, hoping the update may kill the freeze and give back users the simple & smooth joy.
How to download and install iOS 10.2 to fix freezing iPhone 7 issue
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Tap on Download and Install
- Enter your passcode
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Tap Agree to confirm installing iOS 10.2 on your iPhone
Your iPhone 7 (Plus) will reboot to install iOS 10.2. See if iOS 10.2 update fixed the freezing problem by launching some of your apps or taking pictures.
No? Proceed to the other fixing methods. I believe that you care very much about the data on your iPhone, so make sure they're all safely transferred to a safe place from your freezing iPhone before using the additional help coming next part.
To extract/transfer/backup data from a frozen iPhone 7 (Plus), do as follows.
1. Download and install EaseUS MobiSaver on a PC or Mac. Connect correctly your iPhone with it. Launch the app.
2. Choose a recovery mode among Recover from iOS Device/Recover from iTunes backup or Recover from iCloud backup, and click "Scan" button.
3. All files will be extracted from your frozen phone. Select the files you want to keep and click "Recover" button to save them to the PC, Mac or even an external storage drive.
How to reset all settings to fix freezing iPhone 7 issue
Resetting settings may work if the freezing issue happened right after you changed any settings on your iPhone 7 (Plus).
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset
- Tap Reset All Settings
- Tap Reset All Settings again on the popup.
How to do a factory restore to fix freezing iPhone 7 issue
This is the last attempt, which we don't share so easily. Your personal files will be completely removed if restore iPhone 7(Plus) to its initial state. Again, use the backup method to place your contacts, messages, pictures and so on at a safe place.
- Turn off your iPhone 7 (Plus) completely.
- Use the USB that matches your phone to connect it to your computer.
- Click Restore phone.
- Click on Restore and Update option.
- Click on Restore from this backup option
- Click Continue.
- Wait patiently until the process goes over.
Was This Page Helpful?