Applies To: iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s, iPhone 5/5s running iOS 11/10/9/8
Ready to get iPhone 8 in your pocket? However, you may encounter a headache problem when you have the new brand iPhone 8 by then, which is how to transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 8, including photos, contacts, notes, calendars, songs, Safari bookmarks & history, applications. And in this article, we mainly talk about transferring photos from iPhone 6/5/5s to iPhone 8 with three simple and free ways, they are EaseUS MobiMover Free to transfer photo in single or in batches; AirDrop to move pictures within Photos app and iTunes to add photos to iPhone 8 with a backup of the old iPhone.
Actually, there are lots of iOS data transfer software available if you search in Google, however, if you want to find a 100% free one without quantity and content limitations, then, there is only EaseUS MobiMover Free for you to transfer photos from old iPhone to iPhone 8 with ease. In addition to photos, more contents on the old iPhone can be moved to iPhone 8 with MobiMover, like most important contacts, notes, messages, Safari bookmarks & history, music, music videos, home videos, voice memos and more. Moreover, MobiMover provides files management solutions.
Click the button to safely Download and install EaseUS MobiMover Free on your computer, then follow the steps to copy photos from one iPhone to another.
Step 1. Connect both your old iPhone and new iPhone to your computer. Run EaseUS MobiMover, and choose "Phone to Phone" from the main interface. Then, set your old iPhone as the source device and the new iPhone target device and click the "Next" button to continue.
Step 2. Then check the files you'd like to copy. Other than photos, you can also choose to transfer music, ringtones, videos, contacts, and more from your old iPhone to the new one.
Step 3. Click the "Transfer" button to start importing photos from iPhone to iPhone. The time it will take depending on the size of the files. Wait for the process to complete. After that, go to the "Photos" app on your new iPhone and check the newly copied photos.
As time grows, photos on your new iPhone 8 will become more and more with large space-consuming, you are highly suggested to back up photos from iPhone 8 to the computer or a mobile hard disk to avoid any data loss.
Among the three available solutions, using AirDrop to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone 8 can be the simplest one.
1. Turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both iPhones.
2. Turn on AirDrop from the control center on both iPhones.
3. Open the Photos app on the old iPhone and tap Select on the top right to choose the photos to be moved.
4. Tap the Share button at the lower left corner, and then choose your iPhone 8 in the AirDrop list.
5. Choose Accept on iPhone 8 to receive the AirDrop photos.
Taking iTunes backup to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone 8 is a common way. And operations can be concluded in two steps: backing up photos from old iPhone to iTunes backup, and restore the backed up photos to new iPhone 8.
1. Connect the old iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
2. Run the latest iTunes on PC or Mac.
3. Click the iPhone device button and choose Backups.
4. Click This computer and choose Back Up Now. Wait patiently till the whole files on old iPhone are backed up to the computer, including photos.
5. Plug out the old iPhone and connect iPhone 8 to the computer.
6. Click iPhone 8 device button within iTunes and choose Restore Backup to transfer the synced photos to iPhone 8.