Table of Contents
With Shared Albums in the Photos app, you can share photos and videos with your friends, family, or other devices over WiFi. As convenient as it is, iCloud Shared Album has become a popular way to share pictures. But sometimes, this feature may not work correctly due to some reasons listed below.
Whatever the reason is, you'll learn some feasible solutions in this guide.
One more thing: If you want to disable the iCloud Shared Album feature on your iPhone, you can refer to the steps listed in our final part.
In this part, we will show you some simple solutions to fix the iCloud shared album not working on iPhone. If these solutions fail to help you out, you can directly jump to Part 2 to use an alternative way to share pictures.
1. Check if you've enabled the "iCloud Shared Albums" feature on your iPhone: Go to the Settings on your iPhone > iCloud > Photos > Shared Album.
2. Check your system status. To do this, you can go to Apple System Status to check if the service is down.
3. Check the network connection on your iPhone. If necessary, reset network settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
4. Ensure the iCloud photo link hasn't expired. If it expired, it would prompt you with the "Failed to retrieve" message. In that case, you can go to use a new sharing link.
5. Disable and re-enable the Shared Albums feature by going to the Settings > [your profile] > iCloud > Photos > Shared, turn it off, and re-enable it.
6. Restart your iPhone or iPad. This will refresh your system and fix some small issues.
7. Update your iOS system to the latest version. Updating your iOS system will fix some bugs on your device.
Though the Shared Album is a great way to share photos with your friends or between different devices, it has some frustrating quirks/features, such as:
All of these features make it frustrating to share pictures via iCloud. If you want some recommendations for other services for transferring photos between different devices, try this iPhone data transfer software - EaseUS MobiMover. This transfer tool lets you transfer photos or albums by date, place, people, and more without compressing their quality. The transfer speed is top-notch - moving a bunch of pictures will only take a few minutes to complete.
To transfer a non-compressed full picture from one iPhone/iPad to another or a computer, download this program on your computer and follow these steps to do it.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac. Start EaseUS MobiMover and go to "Content Management" > "Pictures" > "Albums."
Step 2. Select the albums you'd like to copy from your iPhone/iPad to Mac. You can select specific items or select all, depending on your needs. You can choose "Original" and "JPG" as the format of the transferred photos in "Preference".
Step 3. Click the "Transfer" button, and MobiMover will start transferring albums from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac automatically. When it has completed, go to the destination to check the files.
In addition to transferring photos, EaseUS MobiMover is also capable of doing things like:
Considering that some of you may want to enable and disable Shared Albums on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, we compile the steps.
Step 1. On your device, open the Settings app.
Step 2. Tap [your profile] > "iCloud" > "Photos, " enable or disable "Shared Albums."
Tips: If you want to know how to share photos with the Shared Album features, you can follow these steps:
You can quickly solve the "Shared Album not working" issue with the seven solutions introduced above. If none of them works to help you or you don't want to use the iCloud sharing feature, get EaseUS MobiMover to your computer and let it help you transfer data between two iOS devices or between an iPhone/iPad and a computer.
4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 10 votes
EaseUS MobiMover allows you to easily transfer all data from your iPhone to your PC. The app is available for both Windows and Macs so irrespective of which platform you use, you are covered.Read More
EaseUs MobiMover solves this problem as it allows you to transfer data from an iPhone to a Mac, Mac to an iPhone, or from one iPhone to another iPhone fast.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover is a program that allows you to share files between your iOS device and your PC in an easy manner. This is very useful, since both operative systems are not compatible.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover for Mac and PC is a powerful tool for transferring data from your Apple mobile device to your computer, managing the variety of files that you create, and moving those huge videos quickly.Read More