Table of Contents
iTunes recognizing iPhone, iPad or iPod is the basic step for iPhone, iPad or iPod further operations, such as iTunes backup, sync, recovery, transferring, etc. For Apple users, you may usually be troubled with iPhone, iPad or iPod not recognized by iTunes after you have connected your device to Windows PC including Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 or Mac including Mac Pro, iMac, and latest iMac Pro, then how to fix this problem for smoothly proceeding further iPhone backup or data transfer ?
As there are many reasons can cause iTunes cannot detect iPhone, iPad or iPod, for instance, the USB cable is damaged, USB drive is not installed correctly or some other hardware problems. Here, we list all the possible solutions that may work.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Part 1. Basic Solutions||Restart the iDevice; Install the latest iTunes...Full steps|
|Part 2. For Mac Users||Press the "Option" key and click the Apple menu...Full steps|
|Part 3. For PC Users||Unplug the iDevice from the computer...Full steps|
|Part 4. Transfer Data Without iTunes||Connect the iPhone/iPad to the computer...Full steps|
1. Restart your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Windows PC or Mac.
2. Ensure software on your Windows PC or Mac is up to date.
3. Make sure you have installed the latest iTunes version to avoid common iTunes errors.
4. Check the USB cable is damaged or not.
5. Use an original Apple USB cable, if it can't work, change to a different Apple USB cable.
6. After you have connected your iDevice with Windows PC or Mac, it will be a Trust This Computer alert, unlock your screen, and tap the Trust.
7. Make sure all other USB accessories not connected except for your iDevice.
8. If iPhone, iPad or iPod not recognized in one USB port, try the rest.
9. Try to connect your iDevice to another computer.
If all of above methods still cannot fix iTunes not recognizing iPhone problem, continue to refer to tips below.
1. Press the Option key>click Apple menu>choose System Information or System Report.
2. Select USB cable in the list on the left.
3. Some third-party security software may prevent iTunes from accessing Apple data or device. Therefore, if you see your iPhone, iPad or iPod under USB Device Tree, please disable the security software.
When your iDevice is not showing up in iTunes, it could be something wrong with Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, you can following listed steps to reinstall it.
1. Unplug your iDevice from the computer.
2. Reconnect your device, if iTunes opens, close it.
3. Hold down the Windows and R key to open the Run Command.
4. Copy %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers to the Run window, click OK.
5. Right-click on the file usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf, click install.
6. Disconnect your iDevice from your PC and restart your computer.
7. Re-plug your iPhone, iPad or iPod, and open iTunes.
After successfully solving the iPhone, iPad or iPod cannot be recognized by iTunes, you are able to do more operations on iPhone or iPad, including backing up iPhone/iPad data and transferring iPhone/iPad content to Windows PC for better viewing or data protection.
Here is the easy and free iPhone data transfer software for your – EaseUS MobiMover for certain or whole iPhone/iPad data transfer with only one click. Start to experience this excellent iPhone transfer tool Now.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer running Windows or Mac OS systems with a USB cable. Start EaseUS MobiMover and navigate to "Phone to PC". Move your mouse to the right pane and continue with "Next".
Step 2. MobiMover will load all the supported files on your iPhone here. You can export one or multiple data types flexibly. The compatible data types are photos, videos, movies, music, playlist, ringtones, books, contacts, messages, notes, voice memos, and more. you can customize the destination for exported iPhone data. If you don't do any change, MobiMover will save the data to a desktop folder named as Exported by MobiMover. Click "Transfer" to copy iPhone files to the computer at a fast speed
Step 3. When the transferring finished, you can view, edit, keep or delete the content as you like.
Additionally, you can freely choose one or more categories instead of the whole data, like just copy photos from iPhone to PC.
4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 10 votes
EaseUS MobiMover allows you to easily transfer all data from your iPhone to your PC. The app is available for both Windows and Macs so irrespective of which platform you use, you are covered.Read More
EaseUs MobiMover solves this problem as it allows you to transfer data from an iPhone to a Mac, Mac to an iPhone, or from one iPhone to another iPhone fast.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover is a program that allows you to share files between your iOS device and your PC in an easy manner. This is very useful, since both operative systems are not compatible.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover for Mac and PC is a powerful tool for transferring data from your Apple mobile device to your computer, managing the variety of files that you create, and moving those huge videos quickly.Read More