Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Workable Solutions: View and Restore Internet Explorer Cache
Cannot view Internet Explorer cache files? Don't know where to find the IE cache location nor have no idea about how to recover deleted IE cache or temp files? Bother for having no idea about where to find the Internet Explorer cache or temp files. Here in this article, you'll find reliable methods for restoring and viewing Internet Explorer cache and temp files with ease now.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
Part 1. Find and View the Internet Explorer Cache/Temp Files
|Fix 1. View the Internet Temp Files...Full steps
Fix 2. Use Internet Explorer...Full steps
Fix 3. Use IECacheView...Full steps
|Part 2. Restore deleted or lost Internet/IE cache/temp files|
Part 1. IE cache viewer: find and view the Internet Explorer cache/temp files
Usually, no matter what we browsed on Internet Explorer, it would save those data into temporary files folder so that users can quickly browse to what they've experienced on IE browser. And the cache files including web pages, images, and other media are included in the temp files. Therefore, if you cannot view or check browse to see internet caches, you may view and find them on your PC. How?
Usually, all internet browsers are installed on system C drives by default. Therefore, you can directly find and view all your browsers' temp files and caches on PC. And you may directly follow the below-offered path to find and view your IE cache or temp files on PC now:
There, you'll be able to view all your EI cache and temporary files.
The other way to view and find all your IE cache or temp files is to use Internet Explorer. You may follow below guide to see how to view and check IE cache and temp files on Internet Explorer now:
- Open a blank page on IE and go to Settings.
- Click Tools and open Internet options.
- Then you'll find all Internet Explorer settings.
- You may selectively tab on Temporary Internet Files, History or Caches and databases to select what you want to view and click View Files.
- Then you'll be able to view all your IE cache and temp files in Internet Explorer.
IECacheView is a very small utility which allows you to easily dig into Internet Explorer cache and temp files. All you need is to download a right version of IECacheView for your Internet Explorer browser.
1. Unzip IECacheView zip file;
2. Place IECacheView.exe and IECacheView.chm files into their own folder in Program Files;
3. Create a shortcut for IECacheView；
4. Open IECacheView and then you'll be able to see all your Internet Explorer caches and temp files.
Part 2. Restore deleted or lost Internet/IE cache/temp files
When you accidentally delete or lose important IE cache and temp files, don't be panic. Here in the below passages, you'll find recommended methods to restore deleted or lost IE cache/temp files with ease.
When you find no saved IE cache files or temp files on the Internet Explorer browser, you may first go to below path to check out whether those caches and temp files are saved there or not:
If no cache or temp files are found, you can try professional file recovery software for help. Here we'd like to recommend you try a file recovery software from EaseUS. It allows you to restore up to 2GB files for free. You can directly download it here and follow below guide steps to recover lost Internet Explorer cache files now:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS file recovery software on your computer. Choose the exact location where you lost the files and click the Scan button.
Step 2. The software will immediately start scanning the drive and very soon the deleted files will show up. When the process is over, you can filter the document files.
Step 3. Select files (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and click the Recover button. You can browse for a different location to save the recovered files.
Here are full solutions to view or recover images, videos, scripts, as well as temporary Internet files that you viewed previously on a web page in Google Chrome.
1. Press Win+R, type: regedit in the Run dialog and hit Enter to open Registry Editor;
2. Navigate to: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders;
3. Look for the registry string named as Cache and double click on Cache in the right pane;
4. Put the Value data with below path and click OK:
5. Go to follow Registry key and make the same manipulation as the previous step for Cache:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
When you are done, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot the computer to get your problem fixed.
Bonus Tips about Internet Explorer
1. How do I restore temporary files on Windows 10?
Step 1. Download and launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Step 2. Next Scan lost files.
Step 3. Preview and restore files.
2. How do I delete temporary Internet files in Windows 10|clear Microsoft edge cache without opening?
Step 1. To delete temporary/cache files, press Windows +R to open the dialog.
Step 2. Input %temp% in the search box and press Enter.
Step 3. You will see the temp files on the C:\Username\AppData\Local\Temp
Step 4. Delete the files. If you want to clear it all, press Ctrl+A to choose all files. Then press Shift+Delete to delete permanently.
3. Where is Internet Explorer location in Windows 10?
Click Start > Choose All Apps > Find Internat Explorer under the "Windows Accessories"
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More