Data Recovery Wizard FAQ
We've separated the questions into three groups: Technical questions, Purchase questions, and Data Recovery question. We're now gathering more questions and answers for this page and will update it soon. In the meantime, if you have a question for us, please see Online Manual or send the feedback to us on our Support Page, and we will do our best to answer it.
- I have found the lost files by the free/trial product, how do I activate the trial version and continue the recovery process?
- Can I recover data from a formatted disk?
- I deleted one or more partitions by accident, can I get them back?
- My hard disk appears physically damaged, can I recover data from it?
- Can I recover my data after performing FDISK, Pqmagic or EaseUS Partition Master?
- Can I use Data Recovery Wizard to recover data from CD's, CDR's and DVD's?
- Can I recover files with original file name and file directory?
- Is it safe to run Data Recovery Wizard on my crashed hard drive?
- What is the Disk Image function used to do? Can I use it to backup my hard disk?
- During usage of Data Recovery Wizard I do receive a disk error, what does this mean?
- After scanned the hard drive, Data Recovery Wizard found many partition, how can I confirm which partition to recover?
- Why the files found are more than those correctly recovered?
- Why does it show the state (U, d and ?) in the file list? But some of them do not show the state. What is the meaning of the no-show state?
- When I use "RAW" module to recover files, why most of the files were 50MB?
- How can I check whether my data can be recovered or not before purchase?
- I have recovered a file, but I cannot open it.
- why I couldn't find any data after I full formatted (doesn't tick the "Perform a quick format" option) the volume in Windows Vista and Windows 7, 8?
- What should I do if the program crashes every now and then?
- I lost the program, how do I get the program and install again?
Data Recovery Questions