Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Robocopy (Robust File Copy) is a command-line file copy utility that comes with Windows Vista / Windows 2008 or newer. Until Vista, Robocopy was a part of Windows Resource Kit Tools. Unlike normal copy commands, Robocopy is designed for a reliable copy or mirroring while maintaining the permissions, attributes, owner information, timestamps, and properties of the objects copied.
1. To copy the contents of C:\UserFolder to C:\FolderBackup:
Robocopy C:\UserFolder C:\FolderBackup
2. To copy all contents including empty directories of source folder to destination folder:
Robocopy C:\SourceDir C:\DestDir /E
3. List only files larger than 32 Mbytes(33553332 bytes) in size:
Robocopy.exe c:\sourceFolder d:\targetfolder /min:33553332 /l
Note: /l - will list files matching the criteria. if /l is omitted, files matching the criteria will be copied to the target location
4. Move files over 14 days old:
ROBOCOPY C:\SourceFoldern D:\DestinationFolder /move /minage:14
5. Mirror directory excl. deletion:
Robocopy "C:\Folder" "\\Machine2\Folder" /MIR /XD \\server2\ directory\dir2"
- Use the /MIR option with caution - it has the ability to delete a file from both the source and destination under certain conditions. This typically occurs if a file/folder in the destination has been deleted, causing ROBOCOPY to mirror the source to the destination. The result is that the same files in the source folder are also deleted. To avoid this situation, never delete any files/folders from the destination - delete them from the source, and then run the backup to mirror the destination to the source.
If you mistakenly delete some important files using Robocopy/MIR command, you still have a chance to get them back. Robocopy doesn't have any type of "undo" capability. And you cannot restore deleted files from recycle bin. The only thing you can try is to recover deleted files using third-party data recovery software.
EaseUS disk data recovery software is recommended for its powerful data recovery capability. It recovers deleted files and folders on your computer/laptop hard drive, externally connected USB flash drive, or micro SD card. No matter how you get your files lost, you can get them back as long as the partition is unharmed physically. Download the powerful software now, and get back data deleted by Robocopy /MIR command.
Step 1. Is it a local hard drive disk or a removable storage device from which the files were deleted? Choose the exact file location and then click the "Scan" button to continue.
Step 2. Wait for the scan to completes. After the process, you can preview the found files and select what you need. There is no limit in number.
Step 3. Now, click the "Recover" button to save the restored files to another location rather than the original one. Then, click "OK" to finish the recovery.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More