Table of Contents
About the Author
Reviews and Awards
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Why Are Instagram Videos Not Playing on PC
Instagram is a well-known photo/video sharing platform, and users can download and upload pictures and short videos from this platform. However, users may encounter kinds of issues like cannot being able to upload or download videos, videos having no sound, Instagram videos not playing, and so on.
You may encounter these kinds of issues because of many reasons:
- The videos you want to upload are damaged or corrupted.
- The browser you are using needs to clean caches or require an update.
- A poor internet connection can cause you cannot watch videos online.
- Computer viruses or malware attacks can cause some Windows issues.
We have five tested solutions here to share with you. Keep reading and find out the methods that suit you best.
Fix 1. Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing on PC with Software
We have mentioned that if you want to upload a video on Instagram and it happens to be damaged, that will cause Instagram videos not playing issues. You cannot play this video on Instagram until you repair it.
Luckily, we have the best video repair software to help you fix corrupted videos and then fix Instagram videos not playing on a PC. If you have been troubled by this issue or video corruption for a long time, today you will get the most straightforward solution – repair Instagram videos with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This software is not just a video repair tool, and it can help you in many ways:
EaseUS Instagram Video Repair
- Repair corrupted MP4/MOV files on PC. You can trust this program when you encounter Instagram video corruption.
- Recover deleted Instagram posts, photos, and videos on your PC. It can also retrieve deleted files from the local PC.
- Restore lost files from the local drives, SD cards, USB flash drives, and digital cameras.
Step 1. Add your broken videos
Open EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and click "Add Videos" to add corrupted or damaged videos, such as MP4, MOV, MKV, etc., to the repair list.
Step 2. Start repairing damaged videos
Select the damaged video files from the list and click the "Repair" button to start the video repair process.
Step 3. Preview and save broken videos
After a few minutes, you can find the damaged videos repaired. Before clicking the Save button, preview the video files to ensure the damaged MP4/MOV/MKV/AVI video repair quality.
Step 4. Utilize the advanced repair option
If the videos are not repaired successfully after a quick repair, the videos are damaged severely. Move to the "Advance Repair" mode, which utilizes sample video files to increase the video repair rate. To begin, click "Advanced Repair" and then "Add" to select the sample video.
Step 5. Repair the video
The software utilizes advanced technology to scan and analyze the file structure and data of the sample video. Click "Repair Now" to initiate the repair process. Once done, view the repaired video if you wish.
Fix 2. Clear Browsing Data to Fix Instagram Videos Not Working
When users watch videos and pictures on Instagram with a computer browser and meet Instagram videos not working issue, you should try to clear browsing data to fix this problem. We will show you how to clean caches in Chrome:
Step 1. Open Google Chrome on your computer or laptop.
Step 2. Click More in the top right corner, and the button looks like three dots.
Step 3. You will see many selections here. Choose "More Tools" and click "clear browsing data…". You can also use the Ctrl+Shift+Del shortcut to do that.
Step 4. You can adjust the settings and choose "Clear Data".
Fix 3. Reconnect Wi-Fi to Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing
Sometimes nothing is going wrong but your internet environment. You can reconnect your Wi-Fi and fix this problem after restarting your modem.
Step 1. After restarting your modem, you can click the button from the Windows menu bar.
Step 2. Click the Wi-Fi button to open the connectable Wi-Fi list.
Step 3. Select the target Wi-Fi and enter the password.
Step 4. Check whether the Instagram videos can be played or not.
Fix 4. Download Instagram Videos to PC and Watch Them Locally
Downloading videos is relatively easy, and you need to view the code of the target video page. Don't worry! It is not difficult. We will teach you how to do that:
Step 1. Select the videos you cannot watch on Instagram.
Step 2. Search for a link that begins with "=src" by right-clicking and choosing "Inspect" or by pressing Control, Shift, and I keys.
Step 3. Copy it and paste it on a new tab after that. The video then begins playing on its own. Once more, use the right-click menu to select "Save movie as" and then wait for the video to fully download.
Step 4. Find the video in the local folder, double click and watch it.
Fix 5. Fix Instagram Videos Not Playing on Android
If you are using an Android phone and encounter Instagram videos not playing, you can try the following methods to fix the problem:
- Reinstall Instagram or relaunch this application on your phone.
- Restarting your phone may fix the Instagram videos not playing issue.
- Clear Instagram caches to fix Instagram videos not playing.
- Reconnect Wi-Fi on your phone to troubleshoot the internet.
- Contact the Instagram support team and report the specific issue you encountered.
We have taught you how to fix the Instagram videos not playing issue, and you can fix this issue on the PC or just with mobile phones. Don't forget the software we mentioned before. It can recover deleted YouTube videos or repair corrupted Instagram videos.
Instagram Videos Not Playing FAQs
Do you want to know more about the Instagram videos not playing issue? Here are some questions and answers about this Instagram issue:
Can I recover Instagram videos from an SD card?
You can use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to recover videos from SD card:
- 1. Download and run EaseUS video recovery software on your PC. Select source locations where the missing videos are stored.
- 2. Use the filter option to find deleted or lost videos on your PC. If the videos are corrupted, you can also repair them.
- 3. Restore deleted Instagram videos, and the corrupted videos will be repaired automatically when you preview them.
How to fix Instagram videos not playing on a PC?
You have four methods to fix Instagram videos not playing on a PC:
- 1. Troubleshoot Instagram videos not playing on PC with software
- 2. Clear browsing data to fix Instagram videos not working
- 3. Turn off and reconnect your Wi-Fi to fix Instagram videos not playing
- 4. Download Instagram videos to your PC and watch them locally
Can I solve Instagram videos not playing on Android?
Here are the methods to solve Instagram videos not playing on Android:
- 1. Reinstall Instagram or relaunch this application on your phone.
- 2. Restarting your phone may fix the Instagram videos not playing issue.
- 3. Clear Instagram caches to fix Instagram videos not playing.
- 4. Reconnect Wi-Fi on your phone to troubleshoot the internet.
- 5. Contact the Instagram support team and report the specific issue you encountered.
How to clear Instagram caches?
You just follow the steps to clear Instagram caches:
- 1. Open Instagram on your Phone and tap Settings.
- 2. Open Security settings.
- 3. Then, you can tap the Clear Search History and tap Clear All.
Was This Page Helpful?
Dany is an editor of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. She focuses on writing articles about data recovery on Mac devices and PCs. She is devoted to improving her writing skills and enriching her professional knowledge. Dany also enjoys reading detective novels in her spare time.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More
Recover Data from Corrupted Hard Drive
Top 10 Best SSD Recovery Software Windows and Mac 2023
3 Ways to Recover Permanently Deleted Files/Folders in Windows 11
How to Recover Deleted Files from CD, CD-RW, DVD & DVD-RW