Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Help me recover accidentally formatted CF card
"I'm using a SanDisk Extreme CF card. I accidentally format the card in my Canon SLR camera. There were some fresh photos in there, in RAW format. Is it possible to recover them? Hope someone can recommend me some special tool to this recovery."
It is always a common problem to accidentally format a memory card with some important data including the CF card. As you have not saved anything new, you could apply a data recovery program to help you. Actually, there are many recovery tools, but not all of them can be efficiently restoring your data due to a CF card formatting. After comparing with 10+ reputable applications, we would pick up the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as the best! It has so many beneficial aspects which can help with a 100% success rate of the formatted CF card data recovery.
About the CompactFlash formatting
The CompactFlash (CF) card is a mass storage device format used in portable electronic devices, such as cameras, and it's usually larger than other memory cards. As a storage device, it is used to store images, audio, videos, and other multimedia files. Among all the data loss scenarios, the top three reasons for losing data on CF card including the formatting, deleting and unknown memory card errors. But they happen in the same way, either by accident or on purpose.
One of the most frequently seen errors is that "you need to format the drive before you can use it" after inserting the card in a Windows computer. That's the case you have to format it in order to get rid of the constantly appearing error. Formatting a card can resolve problems that perhaps cause the drive inaccessibility, but it will erase all the data at the same time.
Whether you format the CF card for troubleshooting or mistakenly click the formatting settings, you should take measures to recover important data as soon as possible. If there is no backup available, don't be upset and sit there doing nothing, use the EaseUS recovery software for an instant data recovery!
An overall guide for you to recover formatted CF card data
Since EaseUS provides you with a comprehensive formatted CF card data recovery solution, it's better to start sooner than later. With it, you can easily recover your lost images, audios, videos, and other files from the card storage under both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
Several tips for a successful data recovery experience：
- For the case that Windows asks you to format a memory card, USB flash drive, pen drive or hard drive that turns to RAW or encounters other inaccessible issues, the correct process to deal with the problem without losing data is by data recovery and then disk formatting.
- When the CF card or other drives, of which the capacity is hundreds of gigabytes, the scan process may perhaps be slow. You can pause and save the current scanning status, and load the file to continue the rest data scan the next time when you have free time.
- If you have only one picture or several small files to recover, within 2GB, you don't necessarily pay for the software. Instead, download the free version.
Three-step recovery guide:
Step 1. Select the CF card.
Run EaseUS CF card recovery software - Data Recovery Wizard on your PC. Choose your CF card and click "Scan" to start finding lost files on the CF card.
Step 2. Choose files to restore.
After the scanning process, you can quickly find your lost CF card files by clicking "Filter".
Step 3. Preview and recover files.
You can choose found files and double-click on them to preview. Last, select your desired CF card files, click "Recover" and save them to a safe path on your PC or external storage device.
- 1. Unformat the drive
- 2. Repair the RAID, RAW disk or operating system
- 3. Recover lost partition (the one that cannot be recovered by software)
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More