Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Data loss, whether due to accidental deletion, hard drive formatting, corrupting, RAW partition, software failure, or virus attack, is a bad experience. But it is a problem that almost every one of us will encounter.
The best data recovery software for Windows 11 and macOS computers makes it easy to restore deleted or lost photos, videos, documents, emails, and other more files from HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, and so on.
Read this tutorial and learn the top 10 best data recovery software on Windows 11 and Mac.
Top 5 Best Data Recovery Software for Windows 11
To recover files on Windows 11, you can take any of the following five Windows data recovery software to help you. You can compare these programs in terms of functionality, ease of use, and recovery performance, and choose the best one to recover lost files and folders.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard offers advanced and complicated data recovery solutions to help users recover deleted files in any case. It enables you to recover files in 3 steps: select a location > scan for lost files > preview and restore data.
Step 1. Choose the exact file location and then click the "Scan" button to continue.
Step 2. After the process, you can apply the "Filter" feature or click the "Search files or folders" button to find the deleted files.
Step 3. Click the "Recover" button and save the restored files – ideally, it should be different from the original one.
- An easy graphic user interface, friendly to all the levels of users
- Support over 1,000 file formats
- Reliable data recovery performance with 99.7% recovery rate
- Advanced deep scan algorithm, halt the scanning process at any time
- Extra service of repairing corrupted files after recovery
- Supports preview before recovery
- Restore 500 MB data for free without any requirements. You need to share to social platforms to get the remaining 1.5 GB of data recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a top-notch tool that owns a good reputation in the data recovery field because of its excellent product quality and good after-sales service. Its technical support team offers free remote assistance within 24 hours. Any data recovery problem can be solved instantly.
The free version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard allows users to recover up to 2GB of files for free, which recovers the most data for free among similar products. With flexible scanning modes, quick scan, and deep scan, any lost files can be found efficiently.
Recuva is a lightweight data recovery tool that comes from CCleaner. It provides simple data recovery solutions to retrieve deleted files from Windows 11 computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. It allows you to recover lost photos, music files, documents, and other files.
- Intuitive interface with clear screen wizard
- The free version supports unlimited free recovery
- The paid version costs much less than the competition
- Windows-only software, not compatible with macOS or Linux
- Not as many features as rivals
Recuva Windows data recovery program can recover many types of files from internal or external hard drives, memory cards, and other storage devices. With a deep scanning feature, users can recover data from damaged drives or newly formatted drives. Besides, it can securely delete files with industry- and military-standard deletion techniques.
R-Studio provides comprehensive data recovery solutions to recover files from NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, FAT12/16/32, exFAT, HFS/HFS+ and APFS (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris), and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux) partitions.
R-Studio recovers photos, documents, audio, video, email, etc from computers, laptops, external hard drives, pen drives, memory cards, and other storage devices.
- Support raw file recovery for heavily damaged or unknown file systems
- Support damaged RAID recovery with advanced recovery algorithms
- Cross-platform support, including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- A complex user interface, not suitable for beginners
- The free version only allows for recovering files less than 256KB in size
R-Studio has a great ability to recover data in complicated scenarios. Functioning on local and network disks, R-Studio can restore data from formatted, damaged, or corrupted partitions. The flexible parameter settings in R-Studio give you absolute control over data recovery. However, this is also inconvenient for the average user
PhotoRec is a free, open-source digital photo recovery tool that can retrieve lost photos, videos, or documents due to accidental deletion, system crash, virus infection, or other reasons. PhotoRec allows users to retrieve images that have been lost from all kinds of digital devices such as computers, digital cameras, cell phones, tablets, memory cards, external hard drives, CDs, and more.
- Completely free open-source program
- Support recovering and even repairing images
- Support photo recovery from various devices
- Text-based interface, Not very friendly for ordinary users
- Does not retrieve all file formats
PhotoRec is a powerful digital photo recovery program that not only can restore deleted or lost photos from all sources including computers, cameras, and external storage devices, but also retrieve corrupted files from FAT, NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, and ext2/ext3/ext4 file system.
TestDisk is different from any other data recovery application because it doesn't have a nicely designed user interface. It is mainly developed to fix partition tables and recover deleted partitions, rebuild the boot sector, recover deleted files from FAT, NTFS, and ext2 file systems, and other disk-related recovery tasks.
- Support recovering lost partitions
- Recover files from a wider range of file formats
- Rebuild boot sectors
- No graphical interface
- Not suitable for less experienced users
TestDisk very specializes in recovering lost partitions, fixing partition tables, and rebuilding the boot sector. If you have some computer skills, you can use this software to restore lost partitions and files.
Top 5 Best Data Recovery Software for Mac
Wonder how to recover deleted or lost data on Mac? Here is the top five best data recovery software for Mac. Learn their features, highlights, and disadvantages respectively.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can recover lost data from emptied Trash Bin, hard drive, memory card, USB drive, camera, SD card, CF/XD/MMC card, and other drives. It support data recovery on macOS 11.0 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15, macOS 10.14, macOS 10.13, macOS 10.12, and Mac OS X 10.11 ~ 10.9.
Step 1. Select the location where your important data & files were deleted and click the "Scan" button.
Step 2. The software will run both quick scan and deep scan and work hard to find as many deleted files as possible on the selected volume.
Step 3. The scan results will be displayed in the left pane. Just select the file(s) and click the "Recover" button to get them back.
- Recover documents, photos, videos, music, emails, archives, and other files
- Support HFS+ fusion drive recovery
- Support encrypting and decrypting drives with password
- Quick scan + deep scan technology ensure great recovery performance
- You can only preview recoverable data with the free version
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is an overall competent file recovery tool that has an intuitive user interface and is simple to use. It is not only an ultimate data recovery program but also a nice file repair tool that allows users to repair corrupted photos, documents, and videos for free.
2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is a popular Mac data recovery software that has rich solutions to recover lost files on all major devices like internal Macintosh hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. Developed with several powerful scanning algorithms, Disk Drill allows users with just an average knowledge of computers to quickly recover lost files.
- Intuitive interface and streamlined file recovery
- Good recovery capabilities with advanced scanning algorithms
- Support for virtually all disk-based storage devices
- Free data protection feature is enabled
- You can only recover up to 500 MB of data with the free trial version
Disk Drill makes data recovery on Mac computers very easy. Whether the data loss is caused by inadvertent formatting, upgrade issues, corrupted hard drive, physical damage, power failure, or other problems, you can use this Mac data recovery software for any type of file recovery.
3. Stellar Data Recovery for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac enables you to recover lost or deleted data from Mac easily. It helps to restore files lost due to USB corruption, partition loss, unrecognized drive, mistaken deletion, or other causes.
- Easy-to-use with future-ready solution
- Recover all common file types from SD card, CF Card, USB Sticks, or from any other media
- Compatible with the latest macOS Big Sur and lower versions
- Restore data from crashed or non-booting Mac using a recovery drive
- Support both Windows and Mac data recovery
- No free data recovery with the trial version
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac recovers data from APFS, HFS, HFS+, ex-FAT & NTFS drive on MacBook, iMac, Mac Pr, etc. It is a fast and highly customizable recovery tool with several scanning options, which means you can customize the scan based on the type of data loss that occurs. If you've deleted an important file and you're aware of it right away, this saves time, which means you don't have to do a whole system scan.
4. Remo Mac Data Recovery Application
Remo Mac Data Recovery Application is an exclusive tool to recover data from any Mac or macOS computer. With Remo Mac Data Recovery Software you not only recover accidentally deleted or lost files from your Mac computer but also recover missing volumes.
- Retrieve 300+ file types from any various device
- Recover data from APFS, HFS+, HFS, and exFAT drives
- Provide 24/7 technical assistance
- The free demo only allows to scan and preview deleted and lost data
Remo Mac data recovery Tool is intelligently designed with two scanning options, standard and advanced. Standard scan ensures fast recovery of Mac data in simple data loss scenarios. For severe data loss cases, the advanced scan function is very efficient in data recovery.
5. Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac
Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac allows you to perform accurate file recovery of data loss because of deletion, reformatting, and many other data loss scenarios. This Mac data recovery software can effectively scan deleted files for a fast recovery or perform a more in-depth scan for full data recovery.
- Quickly recover documents, photos, videos, and other critical files.
- Work with both internal and external drives
- Support advanced RAID recovery
- Recover up to 1 GB of data for free
- The Free or Home version doesn't support repairing corrupted files
Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac supports the new macOS Big Sur data recovery. It offers comprehensive data recovery methods to perform precise recoveries of files on HDD, SSD, RAID, USB, memory cards, and optical media.
What's the Best Data Recovery on Windows 11 and Mac
This tutorial introduces the top ten data recovery software and services on Windows 11 and Mac.
Recover deleted files on Windows 11
Three Windows data recovery software with GUI is available for you, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Recuva, and R-studio. If you are an average user, we recommend you use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and Recuva that is simple-to-use with a clear on-screen wizard. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard also provides a free file repair service during data recovery.
If you are an advanced user, you can try PhotoRec and TestDisk with a text-based interface. These two are 100% free open-source programs.
Recover Deleted Files on Mac
The five Mac data recovery software, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, Disk Drill, Stellar Data Recovery for Mac, Remo Mac Data Recovery Application, and Ontrack EasyRecovery for Mac are displayed with detailed features.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and Disk Drill are the two most popular Mac data recovery tools for both individuals and enterprises. Check their highlights or merits to choose the one that suits your needs.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More