Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Large-capacity disks are being used more and more widely, especially Western Data hard drive and external hard drive. These large-capacity disks are good choices for data backup and large file storage. They are used so frequently that data loss issues often happen. These problems include WD external hard drive not working, WD passport did not recognize 10. Therefore, a lot of people want to acquire hard drive recovery software that can restore terabytes of data.
Is there Data Recovery for 5 TB Video Files? (from Tom's Guide)
"Hi, just got freaky accident - lost all my backup video files, total about 5.5 TB. Nothing is corrupted. I was moving files from 8TB HDD to 10TB HDD and forgot to initialize the 10TB HDD, somehow files were transferred. Then I deleted files from 8TB and started write tests on 8TB. In a few minutes, I wanted to open a 10TB HDD and it was not listed. I stopped writing the test on 8TB..."
Why You Choose a Large-capacity HDD (5TB or More)
A hard drive is where the device stores your photos, videos, and document files. More and more people are choosing a larger hard drive because of the following advantages.
- A 5TB HDD can hold up to 125 games. Thus, you can save old favorites and still have room for new titles.
- High-performance HDD can optimize your console or PC gaming experience.
- Portable and durable form factor provides fast access to your files, anywhere you go.
- Purpose-built for gamers based on WD quality and reliability so you can play without limits.
In general, people choose larger disks for three main reasons: convenience, capacity, and data transfer.
Possible Reasons of Data Loss on WD External Hard Drive
Data loss issues can happen at any time and anywhere. The main causes of WD external or internal hard drive data loss are listed as follows.
- Delete important files from WD external hard drive by accident
- Connect WD external hard drive to a computer and found it show as unknown.
- Files are not showing up on WD external hard drive accidentally.
- Your computer gets attacked by a virus/ransomware.
Reliable Western Digital External Hard Drive Recovery Software
Here comes the problem - how to recover 5TB data from a Western Digital hard drive. All you need is data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This hard disk data recovery software recovers data from almost all brands of hard drive, including Seagate, Western Digital, Sony, and more.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Retrieve lost or deleted files, documents, photos, audio, music, emails effectively
- Recover files from SD card, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and more
- Support data recovery for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations
Download the WD data recovery software to get back unlimited data.
Step 1. Scan the hard drive partition
Open EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, select the hard drive partition where you lost data and click "Scan".
Step 2. Preview found hard drive data
The Filter and Search features can help you access lost files via file types, file names or extensions. Double-click to preview these lost files.
Step 3. Recover lost hard drive data.
Select all the lost hard drive files and click the "Recover" button to save them to another secure location.
Also read: Repair WD HDD Without Losing Data
How to Protect Your Data (WD Backup)
Rather than losing data, you should take precautions before it happens. Therefore, you are advised to make a backup in advance. Since you are going to back up terabytes of data, you'd better use backup and recovery software. EaseUS Todo Backup is a reliable data backup program to back up and restore files fast on a Windows-based computer. Follow the steps to make a WD hard drive backup.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Todo Backup and select "File" on the main window.
Step 2. Select the files to backup and the backup destination.
By clicking "Browse" on the left pane, you could choose different destination to save the backed up files. You'd better create the backup file in external storage media or cloud drive to prevent damage or destruction of the backup file.
- Product News
- EaseUS Todo Backup now supports users to back up files to the cloud. All you need to do is sign up with an EaseUS account, then you could enjoy a large cloud storage space. More advantages of backing up to the cloud include accessing backup files anytime and anywhere, saving file copies offsite, so you don't need to worry about virus attacks or computer failures, and easier and faster backup and recovery operations.
Step 3. Create a backup plan to automatically back up selected files.
1. Click "Schedule: Off" to create a flexible and automatic backup plan.
2. Set the automatic backup schedule by day, by week or by month and click "Save" to keep the changes.
If you can also click "Backup options" at the left bottom to set more advanced parameters for the plan.
And the Image-reserve strategy will help you to keep the backup image as per image retention rule.
Step 4. Click "Proceed" to execute your operation.
As we all know, the WD hard drive is widely used as an internal and external hard drive. You can save large amounts of important data on the Western Digital hard drive. It's also a great idea to make a backup or transfer large files to another drive or PC.
However, accidents are unpredictable. Your files could get lost due to various reasons. At this time, you should download and run WD hard drive recovery software to complete WD 5TB data recovery easily and quickly.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More