Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
How to recover data from a USB-C external hard drive? If your external portable hard drive has failed and your data need to be recovered. Stay on this post. No matter what data loss scenarios you have encountered, join us for an easy and secure hard drive recovery solution.
1. Accidentally deletion or format.
Accidentally deletion is one of the common errors that happened so many times on internal/external hard disk, USB flash drive, SD card, etc. Also, formatting happens so frequently that users often inquiry about how to recover data from the formatted hard drive.
Note: If you accidentally formatted your hard drive and lost all the stored data. Don't transfer data from a PC to an external device and then apply the data recovery solution immediately.
2. External hard drive gets corrupted or has bad sectors.
Virus attack, virus files can cause an external USB-c portable hard drive to get damaged. Or you may use the wrong way to eject the hard drive lead to physical damage. And more, the long-time use can also cause bad sectors on devices. All of the situations will cause data loss.
3. Unexpected or human error while transferring data.
When the computer is stuck or shut down or plugs the hard disk in an accident, your transferring process should be interrupted, which may lead to data loss.
Once you face these three data loss scenarios, you need a reliable solution to retrieve your data back. Well, you can get free third-party USB hard drive recovery software. Read on to guide you on how to recover deleted or lost files on Windows or Mac.
No need to be frustrated when file loss happened. With the help of a professional tool, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, you can retrieve any data from a damaged or inaccessible device. It supports restore files from external hard drives, including Lacie, Seagate, Toshiba, Buffalo, ADATA, Silicon, Samsung, WD, and more.
Take a free version to get back deleted files from the USB-C external hard drive:
Step 1. Choose and scan the external hard drive
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery on your PC or laptop.
- Connect the external hard drive to your computer.
- Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and choose the external drive from External drives list. Then, click scan for lost data.
Step 2. Check the scan results
- EaseUS data recovery software will immediately scan the selected drive for all data, including deleted, corrupted, and existing data.
- You can use the Filter feature to quickly locate the files of one kind, such as Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, videos, emails, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- Double-clicking a file from the scanned results to preview.
- Choose the files you want and click "Recover".
- Select a different drive to save the recovered files instead of the original one.
Watch the video guide for external hard drive recovery:
The above steps display how to get data back on Windows. If you are using the G-Drive on Mac, it is OK to download EaseUS Data Recovery software on Mac and apply the data recovery process.
In the process to transfer or store data on the USB-C external hard drive, you may encounter data loss scenarios due to accidental deletion, transferring error, virus attack, and more. Don’t worry. Your hope is not lost. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard supports lost data recovery, formatted file recovery, partition recovery, storage media recovery, etc.
1. What is USB Type-C and why you need it?
In general, a USB C cable is used when you connect an external hard drive to your computer or charge your smartphone via USB. Compared to other connectors, USB-C looks smaller on the outside, is only one-third the size of USB-A. And it is reversible. You don't need to reverse it multiple times to find the right direction, which means you can plug it in easily. Also, USB-C can carry more power, so it can charge larger devices, such as laptops.
2. What is the difference between USB and USB -C?
Check the following photo to find what is the difference in the appearance of the connectors:
In total, most laptops and other computer equipment contain at least one USB Type-A port. And USB Type-B is used for smaller devices like smartphones, external hard drives, power banks. Compared to the previous type of USB, USB-C features faster transfer speed, smaller physical connector, faster power charging, save space (Available on smaller equipment.
3. Are USB-C hard drives faster?
USB-C connector supports USB 3.1, featuring fast data transfer up to 10 Gbps. Compared with the basic USB, USB-C supports a fast-charging standard, the USB Power Delivery. That means USB Type-C can charge equipment up to 20 times faster than the basic one, deliver data twice as fast as USB 3.0.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More