Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
"Hi there, does anyone know a way that can help me to recover all lost photos after formatting a Sony camera memory card?
I came across a memory card not formatted error on Sony camera, and I did the format without backing up photos and videos. If you happen to know how to restore the formatted pictures from my Sony camera, help please!”
Sony camera shows "format error", and lost all photos, help!
Like most cameras, Sony camera requires users to format the memory SD card when they first use a new card. Sometimes, users also have to format the Sony camera memory card due to some internal errors, as listed here:
- Format error
- Unable to display
- Unable to read memory card
- Image DataBase File error
- This memory card can not be used, card may be damaged
You can follow the steps below to fix the memory card error on Sony Camera:
1. Take out the Sony camera memory card, check if the memory card is locked. If yes, unlock it.
2. Reinsert the memory card back to the camera and turn on the camera. Check whether the memory card is all right.
3. If no, take out your memory card and connect it to your computer, copying all detectable photos and videos to your PC.
4. Insert the memory card back to the camera again, go to the Menu bar and select the last section.
5. Select the "Format" option, click it and select "Enter" to confirm that you want to format the card.
Wait for the process to complete, and then you'll be able to use the memory card on your Sony camera to retake photos.
However, sometimes, when the memory card becomes inaccessible to the computer, you can view nothing on it.
Also, there is a certain number of users who have forgotten to back up photos and videos in advance but directly format the memory card instead.
So how to restore photos, videos from Sony camera before or after formatting the memory card? Read on, and EaseUS file recovery software will offer you a professional solution.
Sony camera format recovery tips
Before you start the Sony format recovery process, EaseUS software would like to offer you two reliable tips to prevent further file loss:
# 1. Stop using the Sony memory card
Once you find photos or videos lost on the memory card, unplug the card and stop using it immediately.
# 2. Download photo recovery software for help
With professional photo recovery software, you can effectively restore photos from inaccessible or formatted memory card with ease.
Here you can try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, which is featured with Quick and Deep Scan modes, being able to scan and find all files on the memory card deeply.
- 1. If the photos and videos on your camera are less than 2GB, you can apply EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free for help.
- All you need is to share the data recovery experience by this software to Facebook or Twitter to gain the full recovery capacity.
- 2. If you choose the Pro version, you'll need to activate it first for unlimited file recovery. You can directly purchase a license code from EaseUS software.
Recover Formatted Photos/Videos from Sony Camera Memory Card
After installing EaseUS photo recovery software on your computer, connect the Sony camera memory card to your PC in advance. Then follow the video tutorial or guide steps below to recover the lost or formatted photos and videos from the Sony camera memory card:
Step 1. Connect the memory card to your computer and launch EaseUS memory card recovery software on your PC. The SD card will be listed under the Devices section. Choose the SD card and click "Scan" to start looking for your lost data.
Step 2. The software will generate a quick scan and then a deep scan. The deep scan is powerful enough to find all lost files that even lost file names. After the scanning process, you can check and filter wanted files in this program. Click "Filter" if you are looking for a specific file type, like photos, documents, videos or emails...
Step 3. You can directly double-click the files to preview the content. After this, you can choose wanted files and click "Recover" to restore them to a secure location on your PC or other external storage devices.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More