Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
How Do I Recover Lost External Hard Drive Data? Please Help!
"Don't know if somebody asked this already but I can't find any way out to recover files from the accidentally formatted hard drive. I'm using WD Passport 2 TB external hard drive without facing any problem and everything was running as it should until I pressed the disappointing quick format button. Soon I realized that the drive was holding an important file. Thanks in advance for any valuable suggestions!!"
Common Causes of External Hard Drive Data Loss
It is undeniable that the external hard drive facilitates our lives in storing data and transferring data. You can carry terabytes of data everywhere with it. However, some people complain about data loss on the external hard drive. Before you get the first-class data recovery tool, let us explain some of the most common causes of the external hard drive failure to help you successfully solve the issue.
- Delete any volume from the external drive.
- Use the same external hard drive on multiple computers.
- The external hard drive files suddenly become corrupted and unreadable.
- Abrupt termination of the external hard drive occurs during the data read/write processes.
- The file system corrupts on the 2TB external HDD due to malware or incorrect formatting.
2TB External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software (Recommendation)
If your external hard drive files are suffering from the errors mentioned above, there is no need to panic. Data recovery software is your best choice. Trusted by millions of industry experts, EaseUS hard disk data recovery software is the best way to recover large files from portable hard drives on Windows and Mac. This quick and safe data recovery software can help you do the following things:
EaseUS External HDD Recovery Tool
- Recover lost or deleted files, documents (Word, Excel, PPT), photos, audio, music, and emails effectively
- Recover files from SD card, emptied recycle bin, memory card, flash drive, external hard drive, digital camera, and camcorders
- Support data recovery for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations
It also supports data recovery from a Mac hard drive, SSD, USB pen drive, and other storage devices with HFS, HFS+, HFSX, FAT32, and FAT16 file systems.
How to Perform 2TB Hard Drive Data Recovery
EaseUS has a modern and intuitive user interface, even an inexperienced user can restore data from an external hard drive. Considering that you need to restore 2TB of data, it is recommended that you use the paid version because the free version only supports recovering 2GB of data for free.
Step 1. Choose and scan the external hard drive
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery on your PC or laptop.
- Connect the external hard drive to your computer.
- Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and choose the external drive from External drives list. Then, click scan for lost data.
Step 2. Check the scan results
- EaseUS data recovery software will immediately scan the selected drive for all data, including deleted, corrupted, and existing data.
- You can use the Filter feature to quickly locate the files of one kind, such as Pictures, Word, Excel, PDF, videos, emails, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- Double-clicking a file from the scanned results to preview.
- Choose the files you want and click "Recover".
- Select a different drive to save the recovered files instead of the original one.
2TB External Hard Drive Recovery FAQs
If you want to get additional help, you can refer to the frequently asked questions below.
How long does it take to recover 2TB of data?
Unfortunately, there is no clear-cut answer to that question, as each case is different. It depends on your hard drive condition, OS and computer environment, and the size of the data. Also read: How Long Does It Take - 1 TB Data Recovery.
How do I recover data from my Seagate external hard drive?
EaseUS data recovery software can get back data from Seagate or any other brand of HDD, SSD, or external hard drive.
Step 1. Select the Seagate external hard drive and then click the Scan button.
Step 2. You can find the desired files by following their original path from the left side tree-view pane
Step 3. Select the target files and click Recover.
Can you recover data from a dead hard drive?
Yes. You still have a chance to restore data from a dead hard drive if you have made sure that the dead Disk is recognized as Online Disk and the partition or disk space is displayed in Disk Management. Then, you can retrieve data from a dead drive with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard WinPE Edition.
What's the best hard drive recovery software?
Today's best hard drive recovery software:
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Disk Drill Data Recovery
- Wise Data Recovery
- Ontrack Data Recovery Software
- Recover My Files...
DIY data recovery software is beneficial when you lose data from the 2TB external hard drive. You can recovery unlimited amounts of data with EaseUS data recovery software. Download the software to restore the deleted files on your computer or laptop.
Was This Page Helpful?
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More