Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
"I turned on what was a 'perfectly' functioning external HD and I could hear the initial hum as if it was getting ready to spin and then the hum decreased, only to come back repeatedly until it stopped. It is attached via USB and any port it is in, tells me the device is not working properly......The problem is, I lost the data......Is there a way this data?"
Maxtor is a maker of hard drives owned by Seagate, and even though it was bought by a competitor in 2006, you can still buy a Maxtor hard drive. Maxtor external hard drive is popular, but it often breaks down more than others, such as hard drives overheating, damaged firmware, and aging drives. These failures can lead to a bad user experience and even data loss.
What if data loss happens? How to recover data from Maxtor external hard drive? To get your data back, we will provide methods to do the Maxtor file recovery. Join us and apply a reliable solution.
Table of Contents:
What Causes Maxtor File Loss
Solution 1. Run Maxtor Data Recovery Software
Solution 2. Recover Data from Backup (Optional)
Extra Tip: How to Prevent Data Loss from Maxtor Hard Drive
Finish Maxtor File Recovery? Get Your Answer!
Here, we collect some reasons for hard drive data loss:
1. Accidentally deletion.
2. Hard drive physical damage.
The case mentioned above also said the problem of hard disk failure, such as hard drive crash, strange noise, failed read/write heads, and more. These may lead to file loss.
3. Virus attack.
Virus attacks are one of the most common causes of data loss. Once a virus invades your hard drive, your stored files will be lost and it will be difficult to retrieve them without a backup.
4. A bad sector exists in the hard drive.
A bad sector in the hard drive can cause software errors. That means you can not read or write the sector's stored data.
5. Accidentally format.
6. Computer shut down unexpectedly.
Generally, once your computer gets shut down accidentally, it can cause data loss with files to get unsaved.
Have you figured out what reasons behind the Maxtor data loss? Next, you can apply two reliable solutions to recover files from Maxtor external hard drive. The one is to run the professional data recovery software, the other is to get data back from backup (If you have set backup before.)
Once you get data loss, you should retrieve data back as soon as possible to avoid data overwritten. To recover data, we recommend you try the powerful hard drive recovery software, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It is available to restore all deleted or lost data from internal/external hard drives, USB drives, SD cards, digital cameras, video players, and other supported storage devices.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover lost or deleted files, documents, photos, audio, music, emails effectively
- Recover files from formatted hard drive, emptied recycle bin, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders
- Support data recovery for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations
Step 1. Choose the external hard drive
- Since you're going to recover data from an external hard drive, you need to correctly connect the drive to your Windows computer.
- Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and choose the exact external drive where you lost data.
- Click Scan.
Step 2. Check the scan results
The software will immediately start scanning the selected drive for all lost data. During the scan, you can see more and more data showing up in the results. The Filter feature is there for you to quickly locate the files of one kind, such as Pictures, Word/Excel/PDF documents, Videos, etc.
Step 3. Preview and recover data
- Double-clicking a file will allow you to preview its content.
- Choose the file(s) and click Recover.
- Select a different drive to save the recovered files instead of the original one.
More info related to Maxtor external hard drive:
Here in this article, you'll learn to make the Maxtor external drive appear on the computer, and gain access to data. Follow to recover data from inaccessible Maxtor external hard drive immediately with the help of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
If you have created the backup mission from OneDrive, File History, and backup and restore. Things turn easy by the way.
- If you are using the Microsoft OneDrive, you can sign in to your OneDrive account, and find the files you want. Then click the circle check box and then click Download. Choose the location where you want to save data and click Save.
- Once you have backed up files from File History, you can go to Control Panel > File History > Restore personal files > click the green button to restore the file to the original location.
- Steps to bring data back from Backup & Restore option: Open Control Panel > Backup and Restore (Windows 7) > Under the Restore section, click Select another backup to restore files from.
1. Regularly backup your data.
You might saw the "Backup" note many times but not set up for one time. We recommend you back up the important data one week at a time. Using EaseUS Todo Backup to enjoy automatic data backup.
2. Avoid sudden disconnection and power failure.
- Laptop user: Make sure your laptop has enough power.
- PC user: Check your power cable connection.
3. Run Antivirus Software very often.
A virus attack will happen when you browse the unsecured website or download unknown applications. So you should apply the antivirus software.
In this article, we have outlined 2 solutions to do the Maxtor data recovery. For a higher recovery rate, we recommended you take action to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. One thing you should mention that if your hard drive breaks down frequently and it can be expensive to seek professional service, you should consider replacing your hard drive.
You can also check our video tutorial:
Was This Page Helpful?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More