Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
Over time, most users will experience data loss unexpectedly. You can encounter data loss on Windows or Mac for different reasons:
- Delete important files through SHIFT+DELETE
- Format D drive, E drive, USB flash drive, or SD card accidentally
- Storage device corrupted and became inaccessible
- Operating system crash, reinstalling, or upgrade
- Other problems cause files missing, such as virus attacks, power failures, etc.
Once you realize that some data is missing, you need to stop using the hard drive to avoid overwriting and use specialized data recovery software to scan and restore files.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: Recover Deleted/Lost Files in 3 Steps
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has been providing service in the data recovery field for over ten years. It provides Widows, Mac, and Server versions to help users to recover data from a variety of data loss scenarios.
It is compatible with all the newest versions of Windows & macOS and can be used to recover more than1000 types of file types. Through quick and deep scan capabilities, EaseUS file recovery tool can find and get back files fast and efficiently. No matter you are an IT specialist or an ordinary user, you can use this data recovery software to retrieve data easily with a graphic user interface wizard.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard highlights:
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Recover deleted Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, photos, videos, audio, emails, and other hundreds of files
- Recover data from emptied Recycle Bin, HDD, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, and external hard drives
- Restore lost data on Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP, Windows Server 2019 - 2003, and macOS 11.2 ~ 10.9
- Repair corrupted files automatically after data recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard provides a 3-step wizard to simplify the file recovery process. Take the guides below.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, hover on the partition which you want to recover data from, and click "Scan".
Step 2. Wait for the scan to complete. Then, select the files you'd like to recover.
Step 3. After selecting the files, click Recover and choose a location to save the recovered files at. Make sure not to pick your storage device that made you lose your files.
Top 5 Free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Alternative
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a paid software. For some users who do not have a purchase plan and want to restore files for free, they want to find a free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard alternative. In the following content, we will introduce five 100% free alternatives to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, covering their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- Windows File Recovery
After learning these products, you can try to download and use them to restore data. If you still want to use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard but don't want to pay the full price, you can click the 30% OFF button here to get the license code to activate EaseUS hard drive data recovery software at a cheaper price.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
The first alternative we recommend you try is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free version. It is feature-rich, the same as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro. The free version allows you to recover up to 2GB of files. If you have less than 2GB of data, this is the best alternative to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro.
- Support hundreds of file formats, including all the common file types
- Recover data from deleted, hidden, lost, or RAW partition
- A corrupted file fixing feature is available
- Sort and filter lost files efficiently
- Preview files before recovery
- Support data recovery up to 2GB of data
- The free version doesn't support data recovery with a bootable USB drive when the system or hard drive fails.
Recuva, developed by Piriform, is a free data recovery software package that allows you to use its core functions to recover lost data for free. But it also has a premium Pro version is also available, at a cost, which has some additional features.
You can use Recuva to restore pictures, music, documents, videos, emails, or any other file type from multiple storage devices, including memory cards, external hard drives, USB sticks, and more.
- The free version allows unlimited data recovery
- User-friendly with intuitive user interface
- Support data recovery from a computer hard drive, USB sticks, digital camera memory cards, and many MP3 players
- File preview is available for documents, pictures, and videos before recovery
- No macOS version
- Deep scans take a long time
- The user interface looks old fashioned
PhotoRec is a totally free and open-source file recovery application. PhotoRec is designed to recover lost images, videos, and documents that have been lost from various digital devices such as computers, digital cameras, phones, tablets, memory cards, external hard drives, CDS, and others.
PhotoRec and TestDisk are companion programs, which can recover lost partitions and repair damaged storage media.
- Data recovery from deletion, formatting, system failure, virus attack, and more
- Retrieve lost, corrupted, or deleted files from FAT, NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, and ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem.
- Multi-system compatibility, can be used on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Completely free, you don't have to pay for it
- Text-based data recovery techniques, Not friendly to average users
- Unable to restore all kinds of file formats as vitals
TestDisk is another free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. It is also an open resource application that is primarily used to help recover lost partitions caused by faulty software, virus attack, or human error (such as accidental deletion of partition tables). Restoring a partition table using TestDisk is simple. And it can convert non-bootable disks into a bootable disk.
- Support recovering lost partitions
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Support cross-platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Totally free and open-source
- Data recovery from FAT, exFAT, NTFS, and ext2 file system
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Command-line tool interface, require technical knowledge
- Not suitable for beginners
5. Windows File Recovery
The last free EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard alternative we want to recommend is Windows File Recovery, which is a Windows-based file recovery software. You can download Window File Recovery from Microsoft Store and install it for different file recovery.
Note: Window File Recovery is currently available for Windows 10 2004 and above.
- Recover deleted, cleaned, corrupted data from hard drive
- Support photos, documents, videos, and many file types
- Restore lost files from hard drive, SSD (*limited by TRIM), USB drive, SD, or memory cards
- Command line-line tool, not suitable for ordinary users
- Not able to recover data in complex data loss situations
Further reading: Learn how to use Windows File Recovery to restore lost files.
Overall Experience of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Alternative
When you find files missing from your computer, don't despair. Use a reliable data recovery tool, like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to restore the data to its original location.
You've learned the top five free alternatives to EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard after reading this post. Here's a quick summary for you:
For newbies, you can choose EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free version and Recuva to get your data back where it belongs. The graphic user interface simplifies the data recovery process. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free allows for 2GB of data recovery, while Recuva supports unlimited data recovery for free.
If you are an IT professional and familiar with text-based commands, you can choose PhotoRec, TestDisk, and Windows File Recovery to recover deleted files or partitions effectively.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Cedric Grantham is one of the senior editors of EaseUS who lives and works in Chengdu, China. He mainly writes articles about data recovery tutorials on PC and Mac and how-to tips for partition management. He always keeps an eye on new releases and likes various electronic products.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More