Table of Contents
- Best Data Recovery Software
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
How to Recover Camtasia Recordings/Screen Captures
"Here is the thing. I was using Camtasia to edit a video that was supposed to upload to YouTube. All things were perfectly done until my computer suddenly turned blue.
At first, I didn't sense the problem. I remembered the recording file was saved before the BSOD error. However, when I turned on the computer, I couldn't find the video. I've lost a piece of screen recording which was saved as .camrec. Can anybody tell me how to get my video back?"
Losing Camtasia recordings or screen captures is a common issue that most users would have to face when you accidentally closed Camtasia without saving projects, Camtasia program crashes or deleting a wrong recording on PC.
On this page, you'll find 3 solutions to restore deleted or lost Camtasia projects, recordings and videos use reliable file recovery software or retrive them from a local temp folder, recycle bin and for help. Follow the workable solutions to get back your Camtasia video recordings immediately.
Method 1. Retrieve Lost Camtasia Projects with File Recovery Software
Applies to restore lost or deleted videos, projects, and recordings created by Camtasia in 3 steps.
Fro an effective and 100% workable solution, using a reliable data recovery software shall be the optimal choice.
EaseUS file recovery software - Data Recovery Wizard supports almost all types of file recovery, including Camtasia CAMREC files. No matter how you lost the files, the software is able to restore them as you wish.
Follow the steps below to retrieve your Camtasia videos in 3 steps:
Step 1. If your lost video recordings are saved on external hard drive or USB, connect it to your computer first. Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, and select the location where you lost videos. Click "Scan" to scan all lost files.
Step 2. The software will start scanning all over the selected hard drive for all lost video recordings immediately. When the process finishes, you can click "Filter", and choose "Videos" to quickly find video files.
Step 3. Double-click to check and preview lost video recordings before recovery. Then, choose the wanted files and click "Recover" to save the files into another safe location instead of the original drive/device.
If you have lost Camtasia recordings on your Mac, you can use the recovery software for Mac to help you restore lost, deleted or unsaved Camtasia recordings or screen captures with ease.
Method 2. Recover Unsaved or Lost Recordings from Camtasia
Applies to disaster recovery when Camtasia shuts down or suddenly closes.
Here are two options that you can try when Camtasia suddenly closes or shuts down.
Option 1. Camtasia Built-in Recovery Option in Camtasia Recorder
Camtasia Recorder has a built-in disaster recovery feature that can assist you in recovering an unsaved recording:
- Step 1: Open Camtasia Recorder.
- Step 2: Click "Recover" to bring the recording back.
Option 2. Auto Recover in Camrec Folder
Sometimes, with the autosave feature is enabled, people find the lost Camtasia recordings or projects from a local autosave folder. How to enable AutoSave feature?
- For 8.4 and earlier: Open Camtasia and go to "Tools > Options > Program". Under "Program", there is an option called AutoSave.
- For 8.5 and later: Go to Preferences under Edit tab in Camtasia > Program > Check "Enable autosave every 2" minutes.
With the autosave feature enabled, you can perform auto-recovery of lost recordings in Camrec folder:
You can directly follow the path to locate and find the lost recording or unsaved project: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ or C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\9.0\Auto-Saves.
Or you can also follow steps here to restore lost recordings from Camrec folder:
- Step 1: Press Windows + R keys to bring up Run window, type %temp% and click "OK".
- Step 2: Locate and open the Camrec folder.
- Step 3: Recover and save the recordings.
- 8.4 and earlier: import the AVI or other formats of recordings to Camtasia and save it as a project.
- 8.5 and later: Drag the TREC file into Camtasia and save it as a project on your PC.
Method 3: Undelete Camtasia Videos from Recycle Bin
When you accidentally deleted a video created by Camtasia, you can also undelete it from the recycle bin:
- Step 1: Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on Windows Desktop.
- Step 2: Locate and right-click on the deleted Camtasia video, select "Restore".
- Step 3: The deleted videos will be restored from Recycle Bin to its original locations.
To sum up, on this page, we've collected three ways to help you recover lost Camtasia recordings by using file recovery software, undeleting the files from the recycle bin or local Camrec temp folder.
We'd also to recommend you be careful while using Camtasia to edit videos. Also, Ctrl + S is more practical than enabling the autosave feature.
- Camtasia AutoSave feature doesn't really work properly since auto-saved project files are deleted automatically when you do a manual save or exit.
If you fail to find the lost recordings from recycle bin or autosave folder, don't worry. You can always go back to the first method, using EaseUS file recovery software for help.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we've seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More