Webcam keeps freezing up after Windows 10 update, help!
"Help! My computer webcam stops working and it freezes up when I tried to make a Skype video call with my friend. It just won't work but freeze all the time. I could barely see my friend. Does any one of you have the same problem as me that webcam freeze up after installing new Windows 10 anniversary update? And do you have nay clues to fix this error?"
Quite a lot Windows 10 users complain that most of their webcams all freeze up while they are trying to start a video chat with their friends after installing Windows 10 update. And it's being really annoy for inexperienced users. Now let's figure out how to unfreeze webcam without losing any data in Windows 10.
Recommended: Backup system and data first
It's highly necessary for you to create system and data backups with professional Windows backup software so to avoid unexpected data loss or system error while fixing webcam freeze up issue.
EaseUS Todo Backup will help you simply backup the whole system and all your important files within simple 3 steps.
When you happen to delete or remove some data in the webcam folder, you still have the backups. You may follow below tutorial steps to fix webcam freeze issue in Windows 10 now.
Fix/solve Webcam freeze issue in Windows 10
You can follow the below listed steps to solve webcam freeze up issue after Windows 10 update with out any problems now:
- Use the Windows + R keyboards shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type regedit, and click OK to open the Windows registry.
- Browse the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform
- Right-click on the right side, select New, and click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new key EnableFrameServerMode and click OK.
- Double-click the newly created key and make sure it set to 0 and click OK;
- Restart your computer to complete the task.
Was This Page Helpful?
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 8 Free Video Editing Software with NO Watermark in 2020
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 11/10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes