Here is the quick navigation of fixes:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Delete with Control-Click||Control-click is a Mac function allowing you to access additional file options and settings...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Delete with Mac Terminal||The Terminal is a built-in command line interface application on Mac that allows users to access...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Delete Albums from iCloud||I was wondering how to delete photo albums from iCloud. Let us help you! iCloud is a cloud-based...Full steps|
Photos are essential to our lives as they capture memories and moments we can cherish forever. They hold significant value as they allow us to revisit memorable moments and relive emotions. However, with the advancement of technology, the quality has immensely increased along with the number of photos we take, leading to storage issues on our devices, particularly on Mac computers.
A single high-resolution photo can take up several megabytes of storage. Unnecessary photo albums can take up a large chunk of memory, leading to slow performance and a cluttered storage system on Mac. This article will explore ways to delete an album on Mac to help free up valuable storage space. So, if you also want to know how to delete an album on Mac to save some space, stick with us!
What Happens When You Delete an Album from Photos
Do you want to learn how to delete an album on Mac to remove duplicates or for any other reason? This section is for you! In several situations, you may need to delete an album while using your MacBook.
- For instance, if you have created an album for a specific event or purpose and no longer need the photos or want to organize your photos differently, you may want to delete the album.
- Additionally, deleting it may be necessary if you have duplicate albums or accidentally created an album with the wrong photos. Another common reason is to
- Another common reason is to free up space on Mac. If you have a large number of photos and albums that you no longer need, deleting them can help you to reclaim valuable disk space on your Mac.
This is especially important if you run out of storage and need to make room for new files. However, If you're looking for solutions on
However, if you're looking for solutions on why Mac deleted files but still has no space, visit the linked page.
If you still need clarification, then do not worry! This video will help you to learn how to delete an album on Mac. In this video:
- 00: 21 - Overview of Photos and iPhotos on Mac.
- 01: 44 - Opens Photo app.
- 02: 49 - This shows a fast way to delete an album
- 03: 30 - Hit the delete key, and it is gone.
- 03: 44 - Go back to the library.
- 04: 46 - Look for the "picture" folder.
- 05: 13 - Proceeds to ending.
Solution 1. Delete Albums on Mac with Control-Click
Looking to delete photo albums on your Mac manually? We have got you covered. Control-click is a Mac function allowing you to access additional file options and settings. When you control-click an item, a drop-down menu appears with various commands that you can use to manipulate the item in question.
In this solution, we will help you learn how to delete an album on Mac using the Control-click method without navigating through each.
- Before proceeding with the deletion process, ensuring that you have safeguarded your data security is essential. Ensure you have backed up important photos or albums to an external hard drive or cloud storage service.
Here are the steps to delete photo albums from your Mac using the Control-click method:
Step 1. Open the "Photos" application and click "Albums" on your MacBook.
Step 2. Choose an album you want to delete and control-click on it.
Step 3. Click the "Delete Album" in the drop-down menu.
Step 4. Click the "Delete" option on the pop-up that will appear to confirm.
Solution 2. Delete an Album with Terminal on Mac
Are they looking to delete photo albums on your Mac using the Terminal? This part is for you! The Terminal is a built-in command line interface application on Mac that allows users to access and execute various system commands and scripts. It enables users to interact with their Mac's underlying UNIX-based operating system using a command-line interface instead of a graphical user interface (GUI).
If you're comfortable using Terminal commands, you can delete photo albums from your Mac using the command line. However, protecting your data security before using Terminal controls would be best. This solution will walk you through the step-by-step process of deleting albums using Terminal:
Step 1. Open Terminal. You can search for "Terminal" in Spotlight or by going to "Applications" - "Utilities" - "Terminal."
Step 2. Type the command "cd ~/Pictures/" and press Enter. It will change the working directory to the Pictures folder on your Mac.
Step 3. Type the command "rm -rf [album name].photoslibrary" and press Enter again. Replace "[album name]" with the album you want to delete. Make sure to include the brackets and quotation marks around the album name if it contains spaces or special characters.
Step 4. Press Enter to execute the command. The album will be deleted from your photo library.
Solution 3. Delete Albums from iCloud
I was wondering how to delete photo albums from iCloud. Let us help you! iCloud is a cloud-based storage and computing service offered by Apple that allows its users to store their data, such as photos, files, and many more, on remote servers that can be accessed from any device signed into the same iCloud account.
However, when you delete albums from the iCloud account, it deletes them from all the devices that use it. Ensuring you want to delete the album from your account is good practice. You can perform the easy-to-follow steps mentioned below to delete the unnecessary albums from your iCloud:
Step 1. Open the Photos app on your Mac.
Step 2. Click "Albums" from the sidebar in the Photos app and select your desired album.
Step 3. Click "Edit" in the top right corner of the Photos window.
Step 4. Click on the minus (-) icon in the top left corner of the album thumbnail.
After completing these easy steps, a pop-up confirmation window will appear. Click on "Delete Album" to confirm the deletion.
How to Recover Accidentally Deleted Files on Mac
Have you accidentally deleted your essential album? We have a solution for you! Accidentally deleting essential albums can be a stressful and frustrating experience, particularly if you need a backup or recovery plan in place. Losing valuable memories and irreplaceable photos can be heartbreaking, and recovering them alone can be time-consuming and complicated. To avoid this situation, a data recovery tool must be used.
One powerful and reliable tool for recovering data is the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac. Suppose you accidentally deleted the album due to unforeseen circumstances. In that case, this tool will help you recover lost pictures with just a few clicks.
- Its advanced searching algorithm helps you track the file or album more efficiently from various storage media, including hard drives, external drives, memory cards, and more.
- Besides this, it supports a wide range of file formats, so you can recover almost any type of file that you have lost.
- It allows you to recover deleted photos in various image file types, including JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF/TIF, BMP, PSD, ORF, RAF, MRW, RAW, and more, with extreme ease.
So, if you are looking for a powerful and reliable solution for recovering accidentally deleted files on your Mac, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is a great choice. To use this tool, you can follow the easy steps mentioned below:
Step 1. Search for lost photos
Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac, hover the mouse over the system drive where the Photos Library is, and click "Search for lost files".
Step 2. Find pictures from the library
After finishing the scan, click "Photos" under the "Path" tab. All your lost photos will list here.
Step 3. Recover photos from the library
Double-click to preview the photo, select the right one and click "Recover" to save the images to another secure location on your Mac.
In conclusion, there are multiple ways to delete albums on a Mac, whether you prefer a manual approach or the Terminal or iCloud. However, accidentally deleting a critical album can be a frustrating experience, especially if you need a backup or recovery plan.
Therefore, it is crucial to have reliable data recovery tools like the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac to save yourself from a hectic experience and to help you recover your lost data quickly and easily. We hope this article helped you understand how to delete an album on Mac.
How to Delete an Album FAQs
Do you still need clarification? Do not worry! This section will answer some commonly asked questions:
1. How do I delete an album folder on my iPhone?
You can delete any album from your iPhone with just a few clicks.
- Open your iPhone's "Photos" app and click "Albums" from the bottom menu.
- Now, click on "Select All" from the top, and then inside, click on Edit
- A minus(-) sign will appear on every album; you can click on it to get it wiped out.
Once you complete these three easy steps, the targeted album folder will be removed from your iPhone.
2. How do I delete an album from a folder?
To delete an album from a folder on your Mac, you can follow the easy steps mentioned below:
- Open the folder that contains the album you want to delete.
- Control-click on the album and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu
- Confirm the deletion from the pop-up modal that will appear on your screen.
This will delete the album and any photos or videos contained within it. The files will be moved to your Photos app's "Recently Deleted" folder, which will remain for 30 days before being permanently deleted. You can also restore the files from the "Recently Deleted" folder within this time if you want them back anytime.
3. How do you delete multiple albums on Mac?
If you want to delete more than one album at a time, then you can follow the simple instructions mentioned below:
- Hold your keyboard's "Command" key and select the albums you wish to delete inside the Photos app.
- Control-click on any of the selected albums and choose "Delete" from the drop-down menu
- Confirm that you want to delete the selected albums in the pop-up window by clicking "Delete Album(s)."
However, if you change your mind and want to recover some or all of the deleted albums back in your folder, you can go to the recently deleted folder and recover them within 30 days.
4. Can I delete multiple files at once on Mac?
Yes, you can delete multiple files at once on Mac. Deleting multiple files or albums on your MacBook simultaneously can save significant time and effort compared to deleting each file individually. It is beneficial when you have many files to delete, as selecting and deleting them one by one can be time-consuming.
Was This Page Helpful?
Ways to Zoom in and out on Chromebook
How to Backup SD Card on the Go with Every Possible Way
How to Solve "No Usable Free Extent Could Be Found" [Efficient Solutions]
[2 Ways] How to Boot Mac into Disk Utility/Recovery Mode with Mac Startup Keys
Editor's Pick Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.