Do you encounter the problem that Xbox stuck on green screen? Check the effective solutions in this article to help you out.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Hard reset Xbox One||Press and hold the Power button on the console for about 10 seconds > wait for the system to reboot...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Update system||Go to support.xbox.com > select the game > click system > system update...Full steps|
|Fix 3. Factory reset Xbox One||Click how to use the offline system update diagnostic tool > scroll down and download OSUDT2...Full steps|
|Fix 4. Format Xbox Hard Drive||The hard drive damage or corruption can result in the green screen of death. You can format...Full steps|
Help! My Xbox One stuck on loading screen!
"Do you know how to repair the Xbox One when it fails to start and gets stuck on the green screen of death? I tried to restart it several times, but nothing worked.”
Are you having a similar problem that Xbox One stuck on the green loading screen? Don't know how to fix it without losing any games on it? Relax! All these problems can be fixed now. You can use the probable fixes given below to solve Xbox one stuck on loading screen. Besides, a professional data recovery tool is recommended to help you recover data from the factory reset Xbox One without losing any game files.
Causes of Xbox Stuck on Green Screen
The reasons for Xbox One stuck on green loading screen may be uncertain, but it can be roughly divided into the following categories
- Communication error between Windows servers and Xbox One
- Xbox One hard drive corruption
- System update process fails
- Other unknown factors
How to Fix Xbox One Stuck on Green Screen of Death
In the following contents, we offer you four different approaches in total, which are arranged from simple to complicate. You can try these methods progressively.
Fix 1. Hard Reset Xbox One to Fix Xbox One Stuck on Green Screen
This is the first and easiest way you should try to get Xbox One green screen fixed.
- Press and hold the Power button on the console for about 10 seconds.
- Wait for the system to reboot. If there are no other severe problems, Xbox One will start appropriately without the green loading screen issue. If this fails, move to the next solution.
Fix 2. Update System to Fix Xbox Stuck on Green Screen
- Go to support.xbox.com > select relative game that you are playing (such as Xbox One).
- Click "System" > tab "System Update".
- Click "How to use the Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool" on Xbox One > scroll down and download "OSUDT2" in USB drive > install the update in Xbox One.
- If OSUDT2 fails to install, download "Restore Factory Defaults" file in USB.
- Press the "Eject + Accessory pairing" button at the same time, then press the "Power" button by holding the first two buttons.
- Wait for the console to be repaired.
- When "Applying update..." message appears, insert USB drive which contains the OSUDT2 update and let the system install it.
- If the update installing process failed, try to download "Restore Factory Defaults" file in the USB drive and then connect it with Xbox One console machine to reset it into factory settings.
- You'll be asked whether you want to keep your installed games or not, click "Yes". (If not, you'll get all your games on Xbox erased.)
Now the Xbox One fails to start or stuck on loading screen error will be fixed. You can directly run it to play games again.
Fix 3. Factory Reset Xbox One to Fix Xbox One Green Screen Issue
- Hold "Eject" and "Sync" button, click the "Power" button.
- Wait for 2 startup tones to sound, a menu with 4 options will appear: "Restart", "Power off", "Factory reset" and "Update off of Flash Drive".
- Click "Factory reset", you'll be asked whether you want to keep your installed games or not.
- Click "Keep" installed games and let it update for a couple of minutes.
- Then Xbox One will be boot normally again. All your games will be still stored on the game drive.
Bonus Tip: Restore Lost Xbox One Data After Factory Reset
The factory reset may fix the Xbox stuck on green screen error, but it will delete everything on your Xbox One. If you need to get the lost data back, you can use this powerful hard drive recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This capable program can restore deleted files or lost data from hard disk, formatted hard drive, lost/RAW partition, SD card, and much more on Windows or Mac. Download it for free and follow the steps below to get your Xbox One game files restored with ease.
Note: As Microsoft uses a special connector to attach the hard drive to the Xbox 360, and you won't be able to connect it to your PC directly. To do so, you need to open your Xbox and take out the hard drive. Then, use an S-ATA cable to connect the hard drive to your computer.
Step 1. Choose the location where data loss happened, be it a hard disk drive, external disk, USB, or SD card, then click "Scan".
Step 2. You can click Filter to display only the file types you want while scanning. Go to "Deleted Files" or "Other Lost Files", find the files you want.
Step 3. After choosing the data, click "Recover" and choose a location on another drive to save the files.
Please save recovered games and files into a safe place before making sure all lost games are restored. Then, Clean all useless files on the drive, and move all restored games back to Xbox One drive. Last, insert the drive back to the Xbox One console machine, install and play games again.
Fix 4. Format Hard Drive of Xbox One
The hard drive damage or corruption can result in the green screen of death. To fix this issue, you need to format the hard disk with the right file system. As we all know, hard drive formatting will lead to data loss. So if you want to keep the files on the drive, You should recover the data before formatting it. But how to make it? Again, use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard mentioned above to recover data from the corrupted hard drive with the same operating steps.
People Also Ask
1. What do I do if my Xbox One is stuck on the green loading screen?
To fix Xbox stuck on green loading screen issue, the easiest and direct way is performing a hard restart Xbox One. Press and hold the Power button on the console for about 10 seconds. The system will reboot. If there is no other serious issue, Xbox One green loading screen issue should be solved.
2. What is the Green Screen of Death?
A Green Screen of Death is a green screen that appears on a TiVo with a message says that "the DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it" or "A severe error has occurred". When Xbox screen green appears; it often means that the hard drive of the device has failed.
3. Why is my Xbox screen green?
There are a few reasons for Xbox stuck on green screen Issue. If it appears with a green tint on another TV, then this may indicate a damaged HDMI port. Go back on your regular TV set, open Xbox display settings: click Xbox menu > Settings > Display & Sound > Video output. In the display column, check that your resolution is normal to what your TV supports.
4. What do you do when your Xbox is stuck on a black screen?
How do I fix the Green Screen of Death on my computer? As demonstrated in this tutorial, there are three ways available to fix Xbox one stuck on green screen problem: hard reset Xbox one, update system, factory reset Xbox one, and format hard drive of Xbox One.
5. Why is my Xbox one not loading up?
When Xbox one is not loading up, try performing the hard reset. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes