Are you familiar with the error message "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing"? When you try to open software on your Windows computer, you'll most likely get this error message. For the software to work, you must have an updated version of the Microsoft Windows CRT Runtime.dll file installed on your computer.
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is either damaged or missing if this issue occurs while installing Universal CRT from the Visual C++ Redistributable. Some Adobe products, SmartFTP software, Skype, and Microsoft Office may give you this error when opened. Fortunately, this issue may be remedied easily. After troubleshooting, you won't be able to use any apps that need this file. Continue reading to learn more.
What Causes API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error
A missing or poorly installed file is the most likely cause of the issue. The file might have been corrupted or damaged. Is there a chance this has been misregistered? Until the bug is fixed, the software will not function.
Adobe software, Microsoft Office, and Skype are just a few examples of where you could run into this problem. A wide range of applications may benefit from this file. Look for the file name on your computer's hard disk and check where it appears to find out whether it's there.
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll errors may occur for several different causes. For example, a problematic program, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, has been deleted or lost, corrupted by malicious software on your PC or the damaged Windows registry.
Typically seen error messages include:
· For some reason, your machine doesn't have the DLL needed to execute the software. If the issue persists, you may try reinstalling the software.
· api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll could not be started. Unfortunately, the requested module was not found.
· No such file or directory could be found. Unfortunately, the requested module was not found.
· Due to a missing file, the code execution has been halted and cannot continue. Is reinstalling the application necessary to solve this issue?
· Either api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll isn't meant to run on Windows, or there's a problem. If that doesn't work, you can always reinstall the application using the original installation disk or seek assistance from your system administrator or the software vendor.
How to Fix the API-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error
Start by updating and fixing your system. Windows 10 machines should arrive with all the files needed to execute the software. Other operating systems may need updates.
This problem occurs when Windows lacks Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Installing software solves the issue. Here are two methods to install Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Pick whichever one is suitable for you.
Method 1: Install Windows Update
Step 1: Start > Search > Update Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows Update (Windows 7) appears.
Step 2: Click check for Update.
Step 3: Windows should then automatically look for updates. Windows 10 automatically installs updates.
Step 4: Restart your PC.
Method 2: Download Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
Step 1: Go to the Microsoft Download site.
Step 2: Click download software
Step 3: Please choose either x64 (for 64-bit systems) or 32-bit (for 32-bit systems).
Step 4: The download should begin. Double-click the downloaded.exe file and follow on-screen instructions to install.
We have high hopes that the solutions shown above will be able to come to your aid and assist you in resolving the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error. Tell us which of them worked for you, or if you have any questions, leave them in the comment area below.
Was This Page Helpful?
- Top Twitch Clip Downloaders
- How to Partition A Hard Drive in Windows 10
- Fix Corrupted/Damaged SD Card Without Losing Data
- Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software on Windows and Mac
- Recover Deleted or Lost Android Photos/Videos with or without Computer
- [Easy & Fast] How to Recover Deleted Files on PC Windows 10/8/7
- How to Share Files Between Two Laptops with or Without WiFi in Windows 10
- How to Migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD
- 6 Ways to Transfer Files from PC to iPhone/iPad With/Without iTunes