Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the gaming world. The fantastic portability it offers is a no-match to its competitors. Recently, the users have been facing the error code 2123-1502 and cannot download and update the apps and games on the Console. In this article, we will try to articulate the reasons and how to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502 using simple methods.
The Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502 happens due to network issues on the Console, especially while trying to update the games. With racing-fast advancements in the technologies in the gaming world, such errors are prone to happen due to mismatches in configurations. In the next section, we will see the potential reasons for the error before moving on to the solutions to fix this.
Causes of Error Code 2123-1502
The error is happening due to a loss of connection between the Console and Nintendo Servers in the middle of downloads or updates. Let us understand the causes of this.
- Nintendo Switch unexpectedly goes into sleep mode while downloading or updating: If the Console goes into sleep mode in the middle of the process, the connection may break and result in an error.
- Memory and Corrupt Cache: If there is a corrupt cache on your Console, it cannot cache the download or update packets correctly and causes the issue.
- Error in DNS configurations: The DNS is responsible for translating the web addresses to the Nintendo server. If there is an error in its configuration, it leads to the disconnection of the Switch and Servers.
- Firmware Issues: If the Console's firmware is outdated or corrupt, it leads to incompatibility between the device and server to establish a connection.
How to Fix Error Code: 2123-1502
We have curated the fixes to solve the connection-related issues on the Switch. I hope they are effective in resolving it. After every fix, try downloading or updating the apps and games. Learn more about it on Nintendo's Customer Support.
- Way 1. Restart the Switch
- Way 2. Restart the download process
- Way 3. Turn on and turn off the Airplane mode
- Way 4. Disable Sleep mode on Nintendo Switch
- Way 5. Re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
- Way 6. Clear the Cache on Nintendo Console
- Way 7. Update the Firmware of the Switch
- Way 8. Reconfigure the Nintendo Switch's DNS settings
Way 1. Restart the Switch
For any electronic, a simple restart can help a lot. It gives a fresh start to the device by fixing minor issues. You can follow the same for the Console too.
To restart your Nintendo Console, press the Power button for 3-4 seconds to power it off. Wait a few minutes and do the same to power it back on. Now try downloading and updating the apps and games on the Console to see if this fix works.
Way 2. Restart the download process
You can restart the whole downloading process again. It is only possible if your download progress is paused and not moving. This indicates the unstable or loss of connection between the server and the Console.
Break the current connection by canceling the download and restarting the download again after a new connection with the servers.
Way 3. Turn on and turn off the Airplane mode
Everybody might have used this trick to refresh the networks on their devices. Turning on and off the Airplane mode may solve temporary glitches on the Console.
1. Open the System Settings on Nintendo and Navigate to the Airplane mode section.
2. Turn it on, wait for a minute, and turn it off again.
Way 4. Disable Sleep mode on Nintendo Switch
One of the reasons for this error is the unexpected sleep mode on the Console. We can rectify this if we disable the sleep mode.
1. Open the System Settings and Navigate to the Sleep Mode section.
2. Click on Auto Sleep, change it to never, and Save the Changes.
Way 5. Re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
The network issues are a primary reason for connection issues on the Console, so delete the Wi-FI and re-add the same network again.
1. Open the system settings and navigate to the Internet section.
2. Open the Internet Settings section, Click on your Wi-Fi, and select Delete from the three options.
3. Add the same Wi-Fi again and try downloading again.
Way 6. Clear the Cache on Nintendo Console
Corrupt Cache is also responsible for 2123-1502 errors on Nintendo Switch. So remove the Cache to perform the download with a fresh cache.
1. Open the System Settings and navigate to the System tab.
2. In the formatting options, click on Clear Cache and restart your console.
Way 7. Update the Firmware of the Switch
If the firmware is not current, the Switch may trigger errors like 2123-1502. So, update its latest build to remove bugs and improve server compatibility.
1. Open the System Settings and navigate to the System section.
2. Select the System Update on the right pane to download and install the available firmware.
3. Restart the Console to see the changes.
Way 8. Reconfigure the Nintendo Switch's DNS settings
If the DNS servers cannot match the web addresses with the Nintendo servers, they will invoke the error. Configure the DNS settings to any public DNS server you choose to ease the process.
1. Open Settings and navigate to the Internet section.
2. Select Internet Settings and choose your network (Wi-Fi).
3. Choose the Change Settings option and select Manual.
4. Configure the DNS values to the below values or any public DNS you choose.
- Primary DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS: 22.214.171.124
5. Save the changes and restart the console.
If the problem persists, check this website for more details to fix the issue.
The Final Verdict
The Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502 occurs due to unstable or abrupt connection issues between the console and Nintendo servers. All we have to do is reestablish or resolve the connection issues. I hope the articles answer all your queries regarding how to fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502. Try the fixes one after the other and get back to gaming again.
Was This Page Helpful?
"I hope my articles can help solve your technical problems. If you are interested in other articles, you can check the articles at the bottom of this page, and you can also check my Facebook to get additional help."
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Any Tools to Check SD/MicroSD Cards Health? Sure!
How to Open Zip File on Mac [Ventura/Monterey/Big Sur]
Fix Windows Update Keeps Saying Update and Restart
Full Guide to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot After Update
Editor's Pick Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Services
EaseUS data recovery experts have uneaqualed expertise to repair disks/systems and salvage data from all devices like RAID, HDD, SSD, USB, etc.