Upgrade Xbox One to Bigger Drive without Losing Game Files in 3 Steps
More and more game files are installed and downloaded. Is your Xbox One drive is becoming full? What will you do to try to save more games on Xbox One drive? Delete some games? Remove some games to another drive? How about upgrading Xbox One drive to a bigger one? When you replace your present Xbox One drive with a bigger one, all problems will be solved. You'll have enough space to install more games. But what about the game files saved in the old drive? Relax, you can follow the guide below to upgrade Xbox One to a bigger drive without losing game files.
Apply Disk Clone Software to Upgrade Xbox One Drive
Here we'd like to recommend you to try professional disk clone software - EaseUS Todo Backup which is also known as backup and recovery software. This software has the feature of disk cloning, which allows you to clone your old disk and and upgrade to a bigger one with simple steps. With this tool, you don't need to worry if you are a novice user. The user-friendly interface and detailed guide will lead you to finish the cloning process.
You can download and install EaseUS Todo Backup now, and follow the tutorial below to upgrade Xbox One drive to a bigger one.
Note: All data on the target drive will be deleted, please make sure that there is no important data in it.
01. Connect A Second Hard Drive
Tools you need: a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter cable, a SATA cable or an USB to SATA adapter. Make sure the target HDD/SSD is larger than the used space of the current drive.
- Connect the target disk to your computer.
- For desktop, open the mainframe with screwdriver and connect the disk to the mainboard with a SATA cable, then connect the disk's Power Splitter Adapter Cable into the power supply box.
- For laptop, you can use an USB to SATA adapter to connect the disk.
- Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT before you can use it (To keep the target new disk the same style as that of the current disk).
02. Download a Disk Cloning Utility
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer, etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
03. Get Ready with the Clone Procedures
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Proceed to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Proceed to start.
04. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Option 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Option 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Restart your computer.
- Option 2 is a better hard drive retention plan for laptops
Replace the Old Drive with the Bigger Drive
After the cloning process is complete, you will get a new drive with the same partitions as the old drive. Now you can prepare a screwdriver, and replace the Xbox One drive now:
- Shut down computer > Remove or disconnect the previous Xbox One drive;
- Connect and insert the bigger drive with Xbox One game files on it to PC > Reboot the computer to run games in the newly upgraded Xbox One drive.
So now you'll be able to successfully upgrade the Xbox game drive to a bigger one without losing any game files.
You are able to create a Windows 10 recovery USB drive for another computer in two ways, including using a built-in feature in Windows 10 or creating a Windows 10 USB drive with the bootable USB creation tool.
The Bottom Line
The disk cloning feature of EaseUS Todo Backup attracts people the most, however, this tool also plays a great role in data backup and restore. The importance of backing up data has been talked quite enough. Act now, back up your data with schedule. You'll thank yourself when you lose data and find that there is still backup file that can help.
Was This Page Helpful?
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 7 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management and iOS/Android data recovery.
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More