Clone Windows 10 Hard Disk Partition
Overview of Windows 10 hard disk partition clone
If you need to move the whole partition game files with installation packs to another new hard disk, it's highly recommended for you to clone the partition rather than copying files one by one. Because it may cause program failure or file missing trouble. So how to thoroughly move or clone a whole partition together with important data under Windows 10? What about the dynamic volume?
Partition/volume cloning is a very effective method to avoid data loss when we need to move data from one partition to another or the hard disk volume. And partition clone can also help you to save more time and energy than cloning a disk that contains multiple partitions and data. You can clone the exact partition you want with the hard disk partition cloning tool.
Here in this article, we'll introduce you to a professional partition clone software that allows you to clone hard disk partitions under Windows 10 with simple clicks. Professional partition clone software is ready to help and you can clone any hard disk partitions or volumes as you want.
Clone Windows 10 hard disk partition
Is it possible to clone partitions under Windows 10/8/7? How? Download EaseUS Todo Backup, the best disk/partition cloning software, and follow the below tutorial steps to clone the wanted partition to a new partition or hard disk drive now.
Other tasks such as clone raid 1, migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD, clone hard drive to SSD can all be done by this powerful Windows 10 clone software. If you need to backup important data or files to an external storage device, or even backup data to Cloud service accounts, EaseUS Todo Backup can also help.
01. Connect A Second Hard Drive
Tools you need: a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter cable, a SATA cable or an USB to SATA adapter. Make sure the target HDD/SSD is larger than the used space of the current drive.
- Connect the target disk to your computer.
- For desktop, open the mainframe with screwdriver and connect the disk to the mainboard with a SATA cable, then connect the disk's Power Splitter Adapter Cable into the power supply box.
- For laptop, you can use an USB to SATA adapter to connect the disk.
- Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT before you can use it (To keep the target new disk the same style as that of the current disk).
02. Download a Disk Cloning Utility
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer, etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
03. Get Ready with the Clone Procedures
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Proceed to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Proceed to start.
04. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Option 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Option 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Restart your computer.
- Option 2 is a better hard drive retention plan for laptops
Then you can check the cloned partition in the new location. All data and programs are all there without any problems.
If you need to use the old partition to store new data, you can directly wipe data by using the Wipe Data feature in EaseUS Todo Backup:
Launch EaseUS Todo Backup > Click Wipe Data and select the disk/partition that you need to clean up > Set erase times and click Proceed.
Don't bother about full disk space or unable to move whole partition data anymore. Let EaseUS Todo Backup help to free up your system disk right now.
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!