Fixed - Samsung Data Migration stuck at 0%, 99%, 100%
Cases of Samsung Data Migration stuck issue that you might encounter
Case 1. Samsung EVO 850 data migration stuck at 0%
"I am trying to clone a 1GB HDD to a 1GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD on a desktop system running Windows 10，but Samsung Data Migration just stuck at 0% and never move on. What is the problem?"
Case 2. Samsung 840 EVO stuck at 100% during data migration
"Every time when I plug my new Samsung SSD 840 EVO into PC and run Samsung Data Migration for data transfer, the program freezes at 100% with a "not responding" error message on the title bar of the app window. How do I fix the issue?"
Case 3. Samsung Data Migration hang at 99%
"Doing data migration from HDD to Samsung 840 EVO for disk upgrade, but the process gets stuck at 99% for hours. How can I complete the data migration process?"
As you can see, Samsung Data Migration stuck issue is really a problem that annoyed a large number of users. It can stop at different percentages such as 0%, 99%, 100% while users are trying to clone HDD to SSD or new hard drive for system & data transfer.
The best fix for Samsung Data Migration stuck issue - EaseUS cloning software
If you are attacked by Samsung Data Migration stuck issue and caught in one of the above situations, you just want to know how to fix the problem and complete the migration process. Congratulations! On this page, you can get the answer.
Instead of figuring out what caused the Samsung Data Migration stuck issue and finding a corresponding solution to fix the problem, it is much easier to clone HDD to SSD using alternative software. Here, we recommend EaseUS backup software. With a powerful disk cloning feature and wizard-like interface, the program is an easy and quick fix for Samsung Data Migration clone failed or stuck issue.
To clone HDD to SSD while Samsung Data Migration failed or stuck:
01. Connect A Second Hard Drive
Tools you need: a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter cable, a SATA cable or an USB to SATA adapter. Make sure the target HDD/SSD is larger than the used space of the current drive.
- Connect the target disk to your computer.
- For desktop, open the mainframe with screwdriver and connect the disk to the mainboard with a SATA cable, then connect the disk's Power Splitter Adapter Cable into the power supply box.
- For laptop, you can use an USB to SATA adapter to connect the disk.
- Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT before you can use it (To keep the target new disk the same style as that of the current disk).
02. Download a Disk Cloning Utility
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer, etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
03. Get Ready with the Clone Procedures
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Proceed to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Proceed to start.
04. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Option 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Option 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Restart your computer.
- Option 2 is a better hard drive retention plan for laptops
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More