With the rising cyber threats and malware attacks, protecting personal and organizational data has become more critical than ever. Despite all possible preventive measures, sometimes cannot stop a data breach. In the event of data loss, it becomes easier to overcome the situation if the files already have a backup. That way, you can investigate the matter without worrying about data loss.
Fortunately, there are numerous File Level Backup Software available. To get the best results, choose the best solution that suits your needs. You can opt for EaseUS Todo Backup and take advantage of the exciting features and easy-to-use interface.
What Is File Level Backup?
Are you wondering what file level backup is? It is precisely what the name says it is. File level backup is the backing up different files and folders to another location.
You can recover the files whenever you want from the storage space. Apart from files, you can also back up drive images and databases. However, there are some limitations too. With file level backup, processing any database or developing a disk image is impossible.
If you are wondering if you have ever used a backup program before, you are right; you have! You may use Google Drive to learn how to transfer google photos to sd card, or you may use Microsoft Office Drive daily is an excellent example of consumer-level backup software.
Why Is File Level Backup Necessary?
Choosing to go for the file level backup route is an excellent idea. It is primarily a good choice when there is a need to back up pictures, spreadsheets, etc. You can do yours or your client's with relative ease. The simplicity of the program makes it an appealing option to businesses.
If time isn't an issue, you can use reliable file level backup software to configure different backup plans. You can recover individual files or folders in an unfortunate incident. For instance, if you accidentally delete data, you can restore that file or folder without hassle.
When Do You Need to Use File Level Backup?
File level backup is an incredible choice in some situations. For instance, it is a great option to restore data lost in a smaller amount (a few files or folders). You can opt for file level backup for events such as accidental data deletion, data corruption, etc.
File level backup allows users to access lost files with ease. In most cases, there is no need to have backup software on the device where you want to restore the files. Simple drag and drop can work perfectly!
However, there are some instances where file level backup is not ideal. If you want to recover the complete system, it is not a good idea. Using file level backup for restoring a large volume of data drastically reduces the speed.
Do you know which the best file level backup software is? Here, I list five file level backup software and elaborate on their features, advantages, and disadvantages.
1. EaseUS Todo Backup
Do you want to opt for the best overall file level backup software? For that, you can choose EaseUS Todo Backup. It is one of the most popular yet effective one-click instant recovery and backup solutions.
Star rating: 4/5
- System and Hardware Requirements: Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows 8.1/ Windows 8 /Windows 7 / Windows Vista Windows XP
- System: NTFS/ FAT32/ FAT16/ FAT12
- Space: The hard disk must have at least 1 GB of available space for backup.
- CPU: 500 MHz processor or faster
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- Device type supported: HDD/ Removable devices/ SSD/ Large capacity hard disk (MBR and GPT disk)/ RAIDed Configurations
- Advanced backup options such as differential backup, scheduled backup, incremental backup, etc.
- Quick recovery speed.
- 250 GB of free cloud storage.
- Protection of the backup files via encryption.
- Budget option.
- The free version doesn't support offsite copying, event-based backups, etc.
- Todo Backup Free: No cost
- Todo Backup Home: Yearly - $39.95. Perpetual - $59.95. Lifetime upgrades - $79.95
- Todo Backup Free
- Todo Backup Home
Editor's review quote:
2. Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office
If you are searching for diverse file level backup software, you can opt for Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office. It offers a wide range of features, some of which are useful and some you might never use. With this software, users can back up and restore files, folders, drives, partitions, and even the entire PC.
- Multiple platform support: Windows 11/Windows 10/Windows 8.1 / Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Windows Home Server.
- Windows File systems: NTFS/ Ext2/Ext3/Ext4. ReiserFS(3). Linux SWAP. HFS+/HFSX. FAT16/32/exFAT
- macOS File system: APFS. HFS+. Core Storage. FAT32. NTFS (including Boot Camp
- Apple macOS: macOS Monterey 12. macOS Big Sur 11.0. macOS Catalina 10.15. macOS Mojave 10.14. macOS High Sierra 10.13
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS16/Android 6 or later
- Supported storage media: Internal drives (HDD, SSD, RAID). USB drives. FireWire drives. Thunderbolt drives. Network share, NAS . Acronis Cloud
Star rating: 4/5
- Cloud and local backup facilities.
- Excellent file syncing.
- Offers ransomware protection
- Easy to use.
- High upload speed.
- On the expensive side of the scale.
- Essentials: $49.99 per year
- Advanced: $89.99 per year
- Premium: $124.99 per year
Editor's review quote:
Do you want to opt for secure and reliable backup software? For that, choosing BlackBlaze is an excellent idea. It works both ways if you wish to back up data on the cloud or on local storage. It also offers a smartphone application so you can monitor from anywhere.
- Supports Veeam, Servers, NAS, or workstations.
- Cloud and Local backup
Star rating: 3.5/5
- Excellent uploading speed.
- Offers privacy encryption keys.
- Unlimited storage.
- Easy to set up.
- Four different options to restore data.
- Order your backup on a hard drive and deliver it to your place.
- Lack of file explorer.
- Servers - $5/TB per month
- NAS - $5/TB per month
- Workstations - $70/computer per year
- Veeam - $5/TB per month
Personal backup: $7 monthly, $70 yearly, and $130 every two years
Editor's review quote:
4. NovaBackup for PC
Do you want to choose the best file-level backup software for local and online backups? In that case, NovaBackup for PC is a great option. It offers multiple exciting features along with a free 15-day trial.
- Supports Windows 11, 10, and 8.1
- Supports Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, and 2012
- 1.3 GHz processor/4 GB RAM for PC and Server, or 8 GB RAM for Server with Business Essentials/10 GB free Hard Drive space
Star rating: 3/5
- It comes with the private encryption key
- Online and local backup options
- Disk-imaging features
- Automatic computer backup for Windows
- Extremely expensive for online storage
- 1 Windows PC - $49.95 per year
- 3 Windows PC - $79.95 per year
- 5 Windows PC - $99.95 per year
Editor's review quote:
5. Iomega QuikProtect
If you are looking for a simple yet efficient file level backup software, check out Iomega QuikProtect. You can take advantage of the simple, user-friendly layout, which aids in quick file level backup. It is an excellent option if you are not looking for other features.
- Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows XP
- NTFS & FAT32
Star rating: 3.5/5
- Easy automatic backup of files
- Default protection of folders
- Stores backup files only once
- Clear navigation settings
- It doesn't offer features like offsite copying.
Editor's review quote
Due to its single backup file storage, it won't overload the database. When you need to have a schedule backup, the program will not store the duplicate files every time it runs, but only when the files have changed. Anyone who wishes to protect the data on their computer can benefit from using Iomega QuikProtect, a convenient backup application.
Stating any of the above-listed file level backup software solutions as the best is impossible. That is because each product offers different features, making it unique. However, if you are looking for the best value solution, you can opt for EaseUS Todo Backup. The software offers a free edition that can satisfy user needs with ease.
For beginners, we recommend BlackBlaze. It is an excellent option if you have a single computer and don't want to invest too much time. But, if you want a more diverse file-level backup choice, you can try Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office.
Block level backup is the backup type where a copy of the entire system is done. After that, the users can upload the files or system to the desired backup storage. It uses snapshot technology.
|Parameters||File level backup||Image level backup|
|Backup items||Whole files or folders||
Changed parts of files, disk, partition
|Backup speed||Comparatively slower||Faster|
|Backup frequency||More often||Not so often|
|Image size||Comparatively smaller||Bigger|
If you want to have a windows 11 file backup, choosing file level backup software is an excellent idea. But, for restoration of entire systems or partitions, you can opt for the image level of block-level backup.
FAQs About File Level Backup Software
Before choosing any file level backup software, gathering as much knowledge as possible is vital. To know more, take a look at these FAQs listed here.
How do I back up large amounts of files?
To back up large amounts of files, opting for a file level backup software is ideal. We recommend EaseUS Todo Backup for this endeavor. It is one of the best file level software solutions that comes in two versions – free and premium. Even the free version offers plenty of valuable features.
What is the difference between a file backup and a system backup?
File backup is a method that enables users to back up multiple files and folders. On the other hand, system-level backups are fast replication backups that use the Backup system utility.
What is the best free file level backup software?
Though numerous file-level backup software solutions are available in the market, finding free ones is difficult. For that, you can opt for EaseUS Todo Backup Free Edition. It is 100% free and comes with many features that make it appealing to users.
To Wrap Up
The only way to prevent data loss and enforce file security is to opt for the best file-level software solution. While there are multiple such solutions available, we recommend EaseUS Todo Backup. It has a free version, which you can use and see if it fits your needs. You can move on to the premium plan if you want other features.
- How many tools we tested: 5
- How long did we test: One Week
- Cost: $0 - $130
- System: Windows & macOS
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Tracy joined in EaseUS in 2013 and has been working with EaseUS content team for over 9 years. Being enthusiastic in computing and technology, she writes tech how-to articles and share technical solutions about Windows & Mac data recovery, file/system backup and recovery, partition management, data transfer, Windows update issues, etc.
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!