How to Clone Raspberry Pi SD Card Windows 10
Q: How to clone Raspberry Pi SD Card on Windows？
“I want to make a backup of my Raspberry Pi because I have done a lot of work and repeating the process would take a lot of time. How does one go about cloning and making an image of a Raspberry Pi SD card on Windows 10? A step by step guide would be very helpful!”
The Raspberry Pi is a small device that is usually used as a media center or retro gaming station. But sometimes, it would freeze or crash, requiring you to unplug it to get it going again, which would corrupt the SD card. When facing such a situation, you have to set up the Pi from scratch. It is really annoying!
To avoid such a problem, you are strongly advised to clone Raspberry Pi SD card for backup. In this post, we will show you the simplest way to clone Raspberry Pi SD card on Windows 10 by using an easy backup and restoring software.
Free Download Data Backup Software to Clone Raspberry Pi SD Card
You can clone SD card on Raspberry Pi with EaseUS Todo Backup, which enables you to clone SD card on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP. With this data backup and restoring tool, you can:
- Clone Raspberry Pi SD card to smaller or bigger SD card with simple clicks.
- Back up SD card on Raspberry Pi to a hard drive, an external device, NAS, OneDrive, or Google Drive.
- Restore the all-set-up image back to another SD card or the same one quickly when corruption happens.
Except for SD card backup, EaseUS file backup software is also good at file backup, system backup, and disk/partition backup. What's more, the system clone feature allows you to clone Windows 10 OS to SSD without reinstallation.
How to Clone Raspberry Pi SD Card with A Step-by-Step Guide
Now, download the reliable EaseUS SD card clone tool and learn how to clone Raspberry Pi SD card with this software with simple steps. The following instructions show you how to clone Raspberry Pi SD card to another. You can change the destination device or storage according to your needs.
- Connect the two SD cards to your computer and make sure they can be detected by the computer.
- Download EaseUS Todo Backup to your computer.
Step 1. Open EaseUS Todo Backup and go to the "Clone" feature.
Step 2. Select one of the SD cards that you want to clone.
Step 3. Select the other SD card as the destination to save your data.
Step 4. Preview the disk layout and then click Proceed to execute the SD card cloning process.
Finish all three steps, you can successfully clone Raspberry Pi SD card to another card. And if you are looking for a tutorial to clone USB flash drive, this guide is also helpful! Just try it whenever you have a need.
You can easily clone any SD card, including Raspberry Pi SD card with EaseUS disk/partition backup software to protect data. Whether you want to clone a larger SD card to a smaller SD card or copy a smaller SD card to a larger SD card, you can do it effortlessly with this data backup software.
Read More About Raspberry Pi SD Card Clone
This part covers more frequently asked questions related to how to clone Raspberry Pi SD card. Check details.
How do I clone an SD card?
Free download EaseUS Todo Backup software to clone an SD card with ease:
- 1. Connect your SD to your computer and check if it can be correctly recognized.
- 2. Start EaseUS Todo Backup. Click the left panel and choose Clone.
- 3. Select your SD card to clone and set the storage device.
- 4. Preview the disk layout and then click Proceed to clone the SD card.
How do I copy my Raspberry Pi SD card to the bigger card?
Step-by-step procedures to copy Raspberry Pi SD card to a bigger SD card:
- 1. Connect the source and target SD cards to your computer with card readers.
- 2. Download and run the powerful SD card backup tool - EaseUS Todo Backup.
- 3. Select the Clone feature and choose the Raspberry Pi SD card.
- 4. Select the bigger new SD card and start copying the files.
How do I clone a bootable SD card?
Use EaseUS data backup software to clone a bootable SD card:
- 1. Download and install EaseUS Todo Backup on your Windows OS computer.
- 2. Connect the bootable SD card to your computer and make sure it can be detected.
- 3. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup and choose the Clone option on the left pane.
- 4. Select the bootable SD card as the source disk to clone.
- 5. Select the destination device to start the backup.
How do I back up my Raspberry Pi SD card images?
You can use a data backup program to back up Raspberry Pi SD card to Windows hard drive or other storage devices. The backup software will copy the entire SD card as an image.
If the SD card and data corrupted, you can quickly restore the image back to the SD card, then, plug it into the Raspberry Pi and run again.
Was This Page Helpful?
Awards & Reviews
"Backup, restore and recover documents, as well as create emergency disks and wipe your hard disk entirely."
- By Mircea DragomirRead More >>
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.Free Download