Download Best EZ Gig IV Cloning Software Alternative - EaseUS Todo Backup Home
Windows 10 clone with EZ Gig IV fails to boot, how to fix?
"I decided to clone my Windows 10, Build 10122 to an SSD with EZ Gig IV as I have done in the past with Vista and Windows 7 drives. So I can move Windows 10 from the WD hard drive to an OCZ SSD without having to start with a clean install. But unfortunately, it doesn't work for Windows 10. The error on boot says a file is missing and the drive is locked. Is there any way to fix this error or will I need to try an EZ Gig IV alternative software to do the OS transfer job?"
Download alternative software when EZ Gig IV clone failed, stuck, freezes or not recognizing drive
EZ Gig IV is a cloning software that can be used to create an exact clone of your hard drive. With its data select feature, which provides a simple method to deselect data folders from the cloning process, the software allows you to clone hard drive to an SSD. However, some users report some issues when they try to clone HDD using EZ Gig IV. These issues including that EZ Gig IV fails to clone hard drive, EZ Gig IV stuck during the disk cloning process, EZ Gig IV not recognizing drive or bootable issues of hard drive cloned in Windows 10 with EZ Gig IV.
For ordinary users, it is really not an easy task to fix all these errors. So, when you failed with EZ Gig IV cloning software, we recommend you to give up EZ Gig IV and try useful alternative cloning software. Here EaseUS backup software is a reliable one. It allows you to easily clone a hard drive to another in Windows 10/8/7 and all the other previous versions for backup, hard drive upgrade or system & data transfer.
Guide: How to clone disk with EZ Gig IV cloning software alternative
01. Connect A Second Hard Drive
Tools you need: a screwdriver, a Power Splitter Adapter cable, a SATA cable or an USB to SATA adapter. Make sure the target HDD/SSD is larger than the used space of the current drive.
- Connect the target disk to your computer.
- For desktop, open the mainframe with screwdriver and connect the disk to the mainboard with a SATA cable, then connect the disk's Power Splitter Adapter Cable into the power supply box.
- For laptop, you can use an USB to SATA adapter to connect the disk.
- Initialize a new HDD/SSD to MBR or GPT before you can use it (To keep the target new disk the same style as that of the current disk).
02. Download a Disk Cloning Utility
EaseUS Todo Backup is the cloning software that integrates multiple functions, including system/disk clone, backup, restoring , and system transfer, etc. In the disk clone field, this tool stands out due to the following aspects:
- Covers as many as disk cloning demands, such as update hard drive to a larger one, clone OS, etc.
- Disk cloning has the highest success rate among all similar products on the market.
- Supports all kinds of disk types, including IDE, EIDE, SATA, ESATA, ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, USB 1.0/2.0/3.0.
- Supports cloning of basic/dynamic disks and MBR/GPT disks.
03. Get Ready with the Clone Procedures
System Clone: Choose System Clone > choose the destination disk > click Next to start. In Advanced options, you can choose the option of Create a portable Windows USB drive to clone the system to a USB drive.
Disk/Partition Clone: Choose Clone > Select the resource disk or partition > Select the target disk > Click Next to start.
04. Boot from the Clone Hard Drive
Option 1. If you want to keep both the old disk and the new disk
- Restart PC and press F2 (F8,F10, DEL...) to enter BIOS settings.
- In the Boot option, select new HDD/SSD as the new boot drive.
- Exit BIOS and restart the computer.
Option 2. If you want to only keep the new disk
- Unplug the old disk and make sure the new disk is well connected.
- Restart your computer.
- Option 2 is a better hard drive retention plan for laptops
Was This Page Helpful?
Author Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!