Page Table of Contents
- ⁉️Answers to core questions：
- - Is Acronis Safe?
- - Acronis is quite safe to use as it's a very reputable program among users. It comes from a trusted source and that's why downloading it and using it is not a problem either. Now it has many options besides Malware Protection and Online Backup Services. This is what makes people think about the potentially unsafe nature of Acronis. But there's nothing to worry about as it's a straightforward program with no hidden elements. That's why thorough vulnerability assessments let us understand this program is safe.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is one of the leading programs for backup and restore. But is Acronis safe to use? That's one of the questions that many users like you contemplate before committing to any tool by Acronis.
That's because this American tool provider seems almost too perfect or too good to be true. That's because it has many different solutions. One of the two premier software by Acronis is Cyber Protect Home Office.
Then there's Acronis True Image which lets you clone Windows or entire PCs. Now the question we are asking today is whether Acronis is safe in general or do some of Acronis's tools pose a threat to your PC. Let's find out and analyze it to answer all the questions.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is a cyber-protection program with backup and cloning options. Acronis divides this into three main protection layers. The first edition of Cyber Protect Home Office deals with data backup so it's a complete backup solution.
Then Acronis offers Disk Cloning that lets users create complete images of their system. So they can create images and restore them anywhere they like - even on dissimilar hardware. But these features are only available in the Cyber Protect Home Office edition.
You can also get all of these separately as Acronis has separate programs for backup as well as disk cloning and cybersecurity.
- Backup and Restore
- Disk cloning including Windows/Operating System of any kind
- Cybersecurity including Anti-Virus and Anti-Ransomware
- Creates incremental and differential backup
- Thorough virus and malware protection
- Offers 500GB of cloud storage and above
- Offers iOS and Android apps
- Considerably expensive
- Backup and restore are not easy to configure
- Image cloning causes issues on dissimilar hardware
Acronis is quite safe to use as it's a very reputable program among users. It comes from a trusted source and that's why downloading it and using it is not a problem either. Now it has many options besides Malware Protection and Online Backup Services.
This is what makes people think about the potentially unsafe nature of Acronis. But there's nothing to worry about as it's a straightforward program with no hidden elements. That's why thorough vulnerability assessments let us understand this program is safe.
The installation process of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is quite straightforward. You will have to go to the designated download page to begin the installation process by downloading the program.
Now here's how we can tell that the download and installation files are safe:
Step 1: Head to the download folder.
Step 2: Right-click on the downloaded file and scan it with Windows Defender.
Step 3: Let the scan finish.
Step 4: Check the scan results.
Step 5: Now go back to the folder and double-click the Acronis file to run the installation.
Step 6: Pick Custom Installation.
Step 7: Uncheck Anti-ransomware protection, real-time protection, etc.
Step 8: Tap on Install and wait.
This will install only the backup and core protection files and folders onto your PC. Because selecting the other services will activate the advanced plan that you don't need. Now it's also important to note that the Windows Defender deems Acronis as pretty reliable.
That's why it is rated as following on various platforms:
- Excellent (4.0 out of 5 stars) by PCMag.com
- Great (3.9/5 stars) by Trustpilot.com
- Great (4.1/5 stars) by Capterra
This also indicates that the program is quite okay and safe to use. The rating also indicates the reliability of the program and you can check expert/user reviews on the websites mentioned above.
The performance is another thing that can tell you a lot about a program being safe or not. Now the program can do many things like web filtering and offer Acronis cloud to save files. That means you will have to look up specific reviews if you wish to use a particular feature.
- Derek on Capterra.com thinks Acronis backup is good:
- Paul on Trustpilot.com thinks Acronis can improve cyber security:
- Whereas Ihor on G2.com likes True Image the most for businesses:
This tells you about the reliability and performance of the Acronis program.
Now you can always opt for a better alternative for almost any program. In this case, the program we are talking about is EaseUS Todo Backup. It's a much better backup tool and a more dependable choice than Acronis.
This software has countless great features and one of them happens to be the ease of usage that it delivers. On top of that it offers a free 250GB cloud storage unlike Acronis' paid cloud storage. And it has many other great features that make it a much better option such as:
- Ability to create one-click backups;
- Create disk images that restore on dissimilar hardware easily;
- It can create file, cloud, system, and disk/partition backups individually;
- And it can connect to any NAS device or cloud storage.
- Free 250GB cloud storage
- One-click backup option
- Offers system, bootable, and disaster recovery
- Disk imaging and backup with a few clicks
- Restoring cloned images to unfamiliar hardware
- Security zone for securing important files
So you have your answer now and you know that Acronis is totally safe to use. It's one of the trusted programs online by people on many platforms. Users and experts use it alike without any issues. That means the program is safe and reliable to use.
But that doesn't make it the best program that you can try for backup and cloning. There are better alternatives that provide much less hassle. One of those programs is EaseUS Todo Backup. That's why you should prefer it over Acronis.
Here are some questions asked frequently by users that might assist you:
1. Is Acronis an anti-virus?
Acronis Cyber Protection does have anti-virus and antimalware built into it. But users can also find Acronis' separate cyber protection software that is focused only on cyber security. This means anti-virus and antimalware programs.
2. Does Acronis slow down your computer?
There are some complaints about Acronis slowing down PCs with low-range hardware. This is because older hardware tends to buckle under backup and restore programs. But that's why it's important to pick only the important options when installing Acronis.
3. How long does it take to clone a disk with Acronis True Image?
Acronis says that it takes around 90 minutes to back up 500GB of data/hard drive. Because it offers 100MB/second speed so it takes around a couple of hours to back up or clone 1TB or more data.
Was this page helpful? Your supoport is truly important to us!
EaseUS Todo Backup
EaseUS Todo Backup is a dependable and professional data backup solution capable of backing up files, folders, drives, APP data and creating a system image. It also makes it easy to clone HDD/SSD, transfer the system to different hardware, and create bootable WinPE bootable disks.
Updated byLarissa has rich experience in writing technical articles. After joining EaseUS, she frantically learned about data recovery, disk partitioning, data backup, and other related knowledge. Now she is able to master the relevant content proficiently and write effective step-by-step guides on computer issues.…Read full bio
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files, disks, APPs and entire computer.