People are gradually beginning to realize the necessity of backing up files when using their computers because of human errors, computer viruses, and hardware faults. Backing up files helps us recover important data at critical times. So, they are seeking file backup tools to assist them. That is the reason why so many cloud vendors offer different kinds of backup services.
Nowadays, Azure Backup is popular as a cloud backup solution. In this post, we will take a closer look at Azure file backup and its best alternative software.
Azure File Backup is a cloud-based backup service that allows you to backup and restore from Microsoft Cloud. Before you use it to back up your important files, you should know more about its advantages and disadvantages. Accordingly, you can decide how to use it to the best advantage.
- Unlimited scale: Azure backup uses the underlying power of the Azure. cloud to back up and deliver files. And don't limit the amount of inbound or outbound data you transfer.
- All-around security: It provides solutions for securing data in transit and at rest.
- Centralized monitoring and management: It offers built-in monitoring and alerting capabilities in a Recovery Services vault.
- Offload on-premises backup: It allows you to back up your on-premises files to the cloud with short and long-term backup.
- Notifications missed: if you don't set for the first step, maybe you can't receive the backup failure notifications.
- Internet issues: You can't access your data if you don't have Internet access. What's more, you need high bandwidth to back up large files.
- Backup granularity (choose only some folders/files to backup)
- Disjointed: It is a collection of several different backup components, none of the components will meet every backup requirement by itself.
Here are a few steps to guide you through the process of backing up files in Azure.
Step1. Log into your account in the Azure portal
Step2. Set a recovery services vault
Step3. Choose a storage account, then there will display the sets of files share in your account
Step4. Create a backup policy, including schedules and retention range.
Step5. Select the file shares you want to back up.
Step6. Select Enable backup to start backup your files
Step7. Track the backup process.
Azure File Backup is not going to be a suitable choice in every situation. In view of the disadvantages, it's important to evaluate third-party backup options. So EaseUS Todo Backup is highly recommended as an alliterative to back up files.
EaseUS Todo Backup is reliable and free backup software with 13 years of experience. Not only support backing up your files to the cloud, but also access to local. The outstanding merits are below:
- Efficient: Support more advanced options like a backup scheme, incremental backup, or differential backup. It makes your backups more efficient according to your need.
- Safe: support encrypting the backup system images to make your data safe.
Follows these steps if you need to back up your files to cloud or local:
Step 1. To initiate a backup, click the Select backup contents option.
Step 2. There are four data backup categories, File, Disk, OS, and Mail, click File.
Step 3. On the left, both local and network files will be shown. You may extend the directory to pick the backup files.
Step 4. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose a location to store the backup.
Click Options to encrypt the backup with a password in Backup Options, then click Backup Scheme to specify the backup schedule and start the backup at a certain event. There are also other additional choices you may choose to tailor the backup process to your requirements.
Step 5. The backup may be stored on a local disk, EaseUS' online service, or NAS.
Step 6. EaseUS Todo Backup enables customers to back up data to a third-party cloud drive as well as its own cloud drive.
If you want to back up data to a cloud drive provided by a third party, choose Local Drive, scroll down to add Cloud Device, and then add and log in to your account.
You can also choose the EaseUS cloud drive. Sign up for an EaseUS Account, then click EaseUS Cloud and log in.
Step 7. Click Backup Now to begin the backup process. The backup job will be presented as a card on the left side of the panel after it has been finished. Right-click the backup job to handle it further.
Azure Backup is a capable product for backing up files running within the Azure cloud. But if you have higher requirements, maybe you need to choose the best free backup software for windows 10/11. It's important to evaluate EaseUS Todo Backup alongside Azure file backup to see what will best meet your needs under different situations. Apart from that, we suggest you keep 3 2 1 backup rule in mind no matter what tools you use, no matter whenever you back up your files.
What is Azure file share?
An Azure file share is a convenient place for cloud applications to write their logs, metrics, and crash dumps. It also can be used as persistent volumes for stateful containers.
How do I deploy an Azure file to sync?
1. Prepare Windows sever
2. Deploy the storage sync service
3. Install the Azure file sync agent
4. Register Windows sever with storage sync service
5. Create a sync group, a cloud endpoint, and sever endpoint
6. Enable a server endpoint to proactively recall what changed in an Azure file share
7. Onboarding with Azure File Sync
What are Azure files?
Azure Files is an Azure File Storage service you can use to share files, development or debug tools. It enables you to access files remotely or on-premises via API through encrypted communications.
Was This Page Helpful?
Jean has been writing tech articles since she was graduated from university. She has been part of the EaseUS team for over 5 years. Her special focuses are data recovery, disk partitioning, data space optimization, data backup and Mac OS. By the way, she's an aviation fan!
Taking everything into consideration, we can say that EaseUS Todo Backup Home can offer you a little extra sense of security with a set of advanced tools. The interface provides quick adaptation, every process guiding you all the way through so you don't get stuck or further damage your system rather than keeping it safe. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup Free lets you create backups of your important files or your entire computer through its streamlined interface. Just choose the backup type you'd like to get started, and let the program do the reset. Read More
EaseUS includes all the features I expect from backup software like versioning, incremental backups, and scheduling. For more advanced users, EaseUS allows you to install a pre-boot environment onto your hard drive so you can use it to restore files without burning a CD or putting it on an external USB drive. Read More
EaseUS Todo Backup
Smart backup tool for your files and entire computer in Windows 10/8/7.
Install Windows on Multiple Computers at Once? No Problem!
Learn how to install Windows 11/10/7 and special programs/software on a batch of computers. Use 10 minutes to do the 10 hours work without making a single mistake!Get Free Solution!