"My Sandisk USB flash drive is not recognized when I plug it in my laptop. Is there any way to fix USB flash drive not detected and restore the data. I have all my school work on it. Please help if you know any solutions."
USB flash drive not recognized problem can occur in many situations. No matter for what reason(except for physical damage), you can try EaseUS file recovery software to restore your data and then repair the device by formatting for reuse. It is the easiest and most popular way to fix USB flash drive not recognized error without losing data.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to PC, download and launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the disk and click "Scan" button.
2. The software will soon start a quick scan on the USB drive to find the lost & existing data. After it completed, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3. After scan, preview and choose the files you want. Finally, click "Recover" button to recover data from USB flash drive not recognized and save them on your PC or another disk.
Video tutorial of EaseUS file recovery software
If you don’t want to fix USB flash drive not recognized issue and recover the inaccessible data using third-party data recovery software, you can try the following solutions in different situations.
First it will happen when USB device is damaged physically. In this situation, it is quite difficult or we can even say it is impossible for you to fix the corrupted flash drive and perform USB data recovery. So, here we think a professional data recovery service might be a nice choice.
File system corruption is one of the common reasons for USB flash drive not recognized issue. It usually occurs after a virus attack or abrupt removal. In this case, flash drive recovery is quite easy. Here, CMD, the best tool to fix corrupted file system of devices like hard drive, USB, SD card without data loss can do you a favor. For a detailed guide, please refer to how to fix a corrupted flash drive without formatting. And if the file system becomes raw and Windows reports disk not formatted error, you can try raw drive recovery solution to restore your data.
Another reasons for USB flash drive not detected issue is that the drive letter assigned to USB drive is occupied by another drive in the computer. To solve this problem, you just need to try EaseUS free partition software to assign an unused drive letter to the USB flash drive. It will help you fix USB flash drive not recognized issue and recover all the inaccessible data with ease.
If USB flash drive not recognized issue happens with the "USB Device Not Recognized" error, the flash drive is most likely failed. Here you can try Device Manager to fix the error.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to the PC
2. Navigate Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Disk drivers.
3. Find and select your USB device, right click and first choose "Uninstall" and then choose "Scan for hardware changes" to refresh the drivers.
After all the operations, you will find USB not recognized issue is fixed and the flash drive is detected.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat