Error message ‘the file is corrupted and cannot be opened’ usually pops up when people trying to open an old version Office file that created in a new version version, for example, open an file created in Excel 2013, 2010, 2007 or earlier in Excel 2016 or open an file created in Word 2007 or earlier in Word 2013. Numerous users have been bothered by this issue after upgrading the Microsoft Office applications and asked for help online.
If you happen to encounter such a terrible situation, please don’t worry! Error message ‘the file is corrupted and cannot be opened’ doesn’t mean your file is really damaged or corrupted. At most times, it just becomes inaccessible because there is something wrong with the settings of the new versions of Microsoft Office application. In this case, there are some possible ways to fix the issue and repair or recover corrupted Word file, Excel or PowerPoint documents.
The first way we recommend you to fix ‘the file is corrupted and cannot be opened’ error is trying EaseUS disk data recovery, a third-party office file recovery software to retrieve the inaccessible Word, Excel or PowerPoint file. No technical skills or professional knowledge, it takes only 3 simple steps. Everyone can do it without effort!
1. Launch EaseUS file recovery software, select the drive where you lost your data and click "Scan" button to search lost or inaccessible Word, Excel or PowerPoint files.
2. After the scan, you can preview all the listed recoverable files, (only Word documents are supported) and select out those you want, and then click "Recover" button to get them back once. Here you should save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid data overwriting.
1. Open your MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint application.
2. Go to the File Menu and click on Options.
3. In the Options window, choose the last tab,Trusted Center.
4. Now click on ‘Trusted Center Settings’.
5. In the new window, choose ‘Protected View’.
6. Unchecked all the options available and click OK.
7. Restart the application and now, try to open your Word, Excel or PowerPoint document.
1. Go to 'Start' and in the search box, type 'dcomcnfg'. After that, select 'dcomcnfg' from the program list.
2. Go to the navigation pane and expand the 'Component Services'. Then, go to 'Computers' and expand it.
3. After that, right-click on 'My Computer', and then click 'Properties'.
4. Open the 'Default Properties' tab and set Default Authentication Level: Connect, Default Impersonation Level: Identify and click 'OK'.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat