How to repair RAW disk and recover files?
There are many computer users who complain about disk errors which cause they could not access the disk, and the most common situation is that Windows pop-up indicates "The drive in disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" When they check the properties of the disk, they find the file system of the disk is RAW, both Used space and Free space are 0 byte; even they fail to check the disk and repair the RAW disk by using "Error-checking" in Tools or using chkdsk command. What is wrong with this disk?
About RAW disk
The term RAW disk refers to the accessing of the data on a hard disk drive or other storage media directly at the individual byte level instead of through its file system as is usually done. A file system is the hierarchy of directories (also referred to as the directory tree) and files that is used to organize information on a computer. The use of file systems offers some important advantages for computers as compared with just using the HDD as a RAW disk. In particular, it provides a very intuitive means for organizing and finding files. Also, it provides a convenient means of hiding metadata that is of little interest to most users and would also be incomprehensible to most of them.
The reason for "The drive in disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" is that there is parameter error in the disk sector such as losing file system. To repair RAW disk, we should extract files, that is to say, recover files from the RAW disk first, and at this time data recovery software is needed. Here easy recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is suggested to repair RAW disk.
Data Recovery Wizard is professional data recovery software to recover data loss due to format, deletion or recover lost data due to partition loss or damage, software crash, virus infection, unexpected shutdown or other unknown reasons from hardware RAID and storage media such as hard drive, USB drive, SD card, memory card, etc.
Steps to repair RAW disk
2. Select the file types you want to recover and select the "RAW" partition or other inaccessible logic drive and click "NEXT" to start scanning.
3. Select the files or directory that you want to restore and select a pass to save the files.
After above steps, you are able to recover files from RAW disk, save them and then perform format, you will achieve to repair RAW disk.
- Recover files from RAW drives.
- How to RAW USB drive Recovery
- Recover raw disk(s) or partition
- How to recover data after format?
- How to recover files after quick format?
- How to Recover Files from Formatted Memory Card, Memory Stick?
- How to do USB Drive Format Recovery?
- How to Restore Formatted Files?
- How to restore formatted NTFS/FAT drive?
- Recover Data after Reformat - Safe and Reliable Rescue