How many of you had the experience of seeing all files and folders on a disk drive suddenly turned to shortcuts? And even you tried many times to delete the shortcut links, they reappear straight after. Feel like going nuts, huh? I know your agony, so here come the fixes. Learn keenly from the solutions and try to convert shortcut file into original file without formatting.
Don't get into a panic if your folders containing documents, photos and other important files unknowingly changed to shortcut links. You should know that they're infected by shortcut viruses. To restore files deleted or hidden by shortcut viruses, the easiest way is to download a piece of data recovery software. Among all, we select EaseUS file recovery software, which is the most competent for virus file recovery.
3-step shortcut virus file recovery with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
No matter the files or folders are hidden, deleted or cleared by shortcut viruses, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can get them back in entirety. Let's see how it helps find and recover files infected by shortcut virus.
1) Select hard drive or external USB, pen flash drive or sd memory card where the shortcut files were. Click "Scan" button.
2) EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will start a quick scan first. After the quick scan completes, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3) When the scan is complete, all hidden and deleted files will be found and displayed on the left pane. Choose the original files and click "Recover" to save them to a safe place without shortcut virus infection.
When your files were rescued by EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, it's time to learn how to remove the shortcut viruses from any kind of drives without formatting under Windows OS environment.
1) Click Start-> Run-> Type cmd and click ok. A command prompt window opens.
2) Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* and press enter.
(g is the drive letter. You should replace the letter g according to your own case.)
Wait for a second. Now you can check your disk and will find that the shortcut virus no longer exists.
Sometimes using cmd to remove shortcut link viruses is temporary, you need some further protection to kill the virus completely. Install a reputed antivirus software and run a full system scan for any trojan and virus that affects your disk right after you performed cmd attrib.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat