"When I try to insert My friend's pen drive on my Windows 10 desktop, it detected but does not appear in my computer. Are there any fixes? It is Cruzer micro sandisk pen drive."
USB pen drive, flash drive or external hard drive usually offer you an easy way to backup and transfer your data. But at the same time, these devices also bring you new problems, for example, pen drive not showing data files or opening, pen drive not showing in my computer, etc. In the last post, we have introduced how to recover hidden files from USB pen drive, and in this page, we would like to talk about how to fix USB not showing up issue to help you find missing pen drive in Windows 10/8/7. The tutorials also work with USB flash drive, external hard drive or other external USB devices.
At most times, pen drive detected but not showing in my computer error happens because USB driver is not installed properly which is considered as one of the most widespread failures occurred on USB flash drive devices. So, you can first try to update the USB drivers and check if it can help to display your missing pen drive. Here we take Windows 10 as an example.
1.Plugging the pen drive into PC.
2.In run type "devmgmt.msc" to go to device manager
3.In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers". It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC.
4.Right click the pen drive and then click "Uninstall".
5.Remove the pen drive and restart your system.
6.Try connecting the pen drive again to check if the problem is fixed.
If the pen drive is still not showing in my computer after you operate all the above steps, then you can try to reformat the device in Windows disk management tool to fix the problem and make it properly. Before doing that, you can use EaseUS disk data recovery to retrieve your important data from the pen drive, flash drive or any other external USB devices.
To recover data from pen drive or USB flash drive, follow these steps:
1. Connect pen drive or USB flash to PC, launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the device and click "Scan" button to search all your files.
2. After the scan, you can preview all the listed recoverable files and select out those you want, and then click "Recover" button to get them back. Here you should save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid data overwriting.
To reformat and fix pen drive or USB flash drive, follow these steps:
1. Click Start and go to Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools and then click Computer Management.
3. When the window opens, click on Disk Management and then find the device in the drive viewer.
4. Then you can right click on the USB flash drive and select Format to directly format the USB drive to reusable again.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat