"When I insert my 64GB SanDisk USB pen drive in any computer, it is detected and shows the occupying space. But when I trying to access my data, it not showing files and folders. I have no idea about why the pen drive show empty even when data exists. I have very important data in that. Please help me to recover that data."
Pen drive not showing data but using space is one of the main reasons for data loss disaster. It usually prevents you from seeing your data while checking the used space and unused space is showing correctly. And the most possible for this issue is virus attack. Some unknown virus can not only infect your files but also makes them hidden. It creates an empty shortcut of your files and folders which leads to nowhere. If you are annoying by this problem and trying to find a USB data recovery solution, congratulations, you come the right place! Here, we show you how to recover hidden files from virus infected pen drive to fix USB drive files or folders not showing but space used in two simple ways. By the way, the tutorials also work with flash drive, external hard drive, SD card or other external USB devices.
Method 1. Remove virus and unhidden pen drive files using CMD
1. Connect the USB pen drive or flash drive to PC.
2. Open Windows Explorer > Go to Tools > Folder Options > Go to View Tab > Check “Show Hidden Files”
3. Once you have done that you need to Open Command Prompt (cmd).
4. Open Start Menu, type “cmd” and press Enter.
5. Type the following commands into the text box. Yu need to replace “K” with the drive letter and then press Enter.
attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:\*.*
Now all your files will start showing in your USB flash drive or pen drive. If you see a folder without name, rename it to recover its data.
Method 2. Recover data from pen drive with EaseUS recovery software
If the above steps failed to help, then try to retrieve your data with EaseUS disk data recovery, a popular third-party data recovery software. It performs well to recover shortcut files or hidden files from USB pen drive or flash drive. Here, if pen drive data not showing due to virus, your should first scan your USB device for viruses removes the virus.
1. Connect USB pen drive or flash drive to PC, launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the device and click "Scan" button to search all your files.
2. After the scan, you can preview all the listed recoverable files and select out those you want, and then click "Recover" button to get them back from the pen drive. Here you should save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid data overwriting.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat