Increase C drive space on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 with server partition manager software
Have you suffered low disk space of C drive on your Windows Server 2000/2003/2008? Have you found a great solution for increasing the C drive space of your server OS? For sure, several tools can offer such partition feature, but an easy and safe server partition manager software is rare. EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition is just the special one for you to solve this problem.
Reasons which account for low disk space of your server partition
- Temp files on C drive;
- Temporary Internet files;
- Backup files created during installation;
- Windows system restores data;
- Duplicate copies of large files like movies, songs, etc.
Various reasons for this still exist. No matter what the reasons are, to increase disk space is the top necessary and urgent.
Common ways to increase Windows server C drive space
When the low disk space problem on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 comes, especially on the C drive, there are two common ways for you to choose.
1. Clean up the hard disk drive.
You can make use of the Disk Cleanup function by clicking on the Low Disk Space popup. After scanning your drives, the files that you can safely erase after can be found.
2. Remove/transfer programs.
You can remove some unnecessary programs, or transfer large media files to another partition. But a plenty of time waste is inevitable.
The above two ways can temporarily solve the low disk space problem. What should you do when next C drive low space problem comes? An easy choice is not to delete files, or transfer files from one to another, but to seek a great server partition software to enlarge the space.
Increase Windows Server C drive with professional server partition manager
Server partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition can easily and safely increase disk space on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, especially server disk space of C drive.
The following is step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, please follow the below steps. If there is unallocated space behind the system partition, please directly go to step 4.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
You will successfully increase disk space of C drive without data loss.
Here, you can find more features about EaseUS partition manager.
In addition to Partition Manager for Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, Partition Recovery Wizard and Disk & Partition Copy Wizard can supplement more demands of your server hard disk and partition difficulties.