Blank SD card issue with error message “SD card blank or have some unsupported filesystem” happen to users now and then because SD card is corrupted (unreadable), damaged or the card contains unknown or unwanted folders belongs to other applications which are not currently installed on your mobile.
And when you click to check this error, it will give you another warning saying: “Are you sure you want to format SD card?” When it happens, you might be confused about how to fix blank SD card without losing data. You know, formatting will erase all the files on the card. Here, to help you solve this problem, we would like to introduce you reliable blank SD card recovery solution. It will show you how to fix blank SD card and recover data in several simple steps.
When blank SD card error happens on your mobile phone or tablet, remove your SD card and plug it into the computer to see if the card can still be read. If so, the error might happen because the card had a file system which is unsupported by your mobile device. Then you just need to backup SD card data and then format it with FAT32 file system.
If your SD card failed to be read by your PC in step 1, it might be damaged or corrupted, then just go to step 2 - fix blank SD card error using chkdsk which is the most popular way to fix damaged SD card Here's the guide.
1. Connect blank SD card with PC via card reader and make sure it is detected by the machine.
2. Run CMD as administrator, and input chkdsk n: /f(n is the drive letter of the blank SD card) to fix errors.
3. Put the SD card back to phone and check whether the card works fine after that.
Sometimes, you will fail to fix blank SD card error using chkdsk in some special situation. When it happens, try the last solution for SD card data recovery - recover data from blank SD card using EaseUS file recovery software. It is the easiest and most efficient way to fix blank sd card without data loss. Here's the step-by-step guide about blank SD card recovery.
1. Connect blank SD card to PC, download and launch EaseUS data recovery software, select the card and click "Scan" button to start the blank SD card recovery job.
2. The software will soon start a quick scan to find the lost & existing data on the blank SD card. After it completed, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3. After the scan, preview and choose the files you want. Finally, click "Recover" button to retrieve them back from blank SD card.
Video tutorial of how to recover data from blank SD card
After restoring all your files from the blank SD card, you can format the SD card to fix blank SD card error. It will make the card available for reuse. Usually, it can be done easily within simple steps. But sometimes, you might encounter SD card won’t format error for some special reasons. When it occurs, we recommend you to try EaseUS free partition software, a free disk management tool with powerful format feature to fix the error.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat