Too many bad sectors detected on Western Digital, how to recover data?
"I have a Western My Passport drive and recently it started giving cyclic redundancy error...then I tested the hard drive for errors with Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and get the Test Error Code: "08-Too many bad sectors detected" message. I had a ton of backup data on it, undoubtedly some I don't have elsewhere. Is there any chance I can retrieve some of that data on the disk?"
When you try to test a hard drive which is badly damaged with WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, report Test Error Code: "08-Too many bad sectors detected" message. If you start Disk Management, and then plug in the external hard drive, "Disk 1 Unknown, Not Initialized, Unallocated" error message might pop up. Then, how to fix 08-too many bad sectors detected without losing data becomes quite important if you have important data on the disk. It is not a difficult job. You can first recover data from hard drive with bad sectors and remove the bad sector permanently to fix the disk. Here, third-party data recovery software and Western HDD bad sector repair tool can help.
1. Connect Western digital hard drive to PC, download and launch EaseUS free data recovery software, select the drive and click "Scan" button.
2. The software will soon start a quick scan to find the lost & existing data on the disk. After it completed, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3. After scan, preview and choose the files you want. Finally, click "Recover" button to retrieve and save them your PC or another disk.
EaseUS partition software with powerful disk error check feature is the best Western HDD bad sector repair software. It can help you repair hard drive bad sectors even Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics reports "08-Too many bad sectors detected" message.
1. Download and launch EaseUS Western HDD bad sector repair software, right-click the device and click "Check partition".
2. Choose the way that you want to use to check and repair bad sectors: "Check Partition Properties", "Call Windows Chkdsk" or "Surface Test" and Click "OK" to continue.
3. Let the software automatically check and repair bad sectors on Western digital hard drive. And finally click "OK" to finish the process.
Here if it won't work, you can just try to format the Western digital hard drive with this software to remove the bad sectors permanently.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat