I have a 3 years old Laptop running Windows XP Professional 32 bit. I bought a new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. I want to migrate the files and as many programs as possible from the XP machine to the Windows 7 machine. Is there any program can do it?
The answer is Yes. This article is to demonstrate a way to migrate data and programs from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 7 computer using EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro.
As a free application and data migration software, EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro can easily migrate data (Including music, documents, videos, photos, etc.) and applications along with their settings from Windows XP to Windows 7/8/10 or from 32-bit Windows XP to 64-bit Windows 7/8/10.
1. Download Todo PCTrans Pro.
2. Install Todo PCTrans on Windows 7 and Windows XP machines.
3. Run Todo PCTrans on Windows 7 and Windows XP machines.
4. Select Windows 7 computer as transfer destination computer.
5. Select transfer direction: Windows XP machine to Windows 7 machine.
6. EaseUS Todo PCTrans will list all programs and data which are on Windows XP computer. Click Edit button to select the data or programs which you want to migrate.
7. Click Transfer button to migrate data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Besides data and programs migration from Windows XP to Windows 7, EaseUS Todo PCTrans Pro also supports migrating data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 8/8.1, from Windows XP to Vista, from Windows 7 to Windows 7/8/8.1, from Windows 8 to Windows 8/8.1.
EaseUS also provides free backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free to back up your files, system state, hard disk, partitions, outlook emails with comprehensive full/incremental/differential/schedule backup types to protect your computer and data and enables you to easily restore data and system to the original state when disaster happens.
The video tutorial of migrating data and programs from Windows XP to Windows 7
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat