1. Q: I select a lost partition, but it doesn't allow recovering and prompts: "Please delete one existing primary partition by unchecking it to recover lost partition because of Windows partition limitation". Why?
A: It happens because you have already had four primary partitions on the disk. On a Master Boot Record (MBR) basic disk, only up to four primary partitions or three primary partitions and an extended partition can be created. To recover the lost partition, we suggest you delete one existing primary partition by unchecking it on the partition list.
2. Q: I choose "Search Unallocated Space" to recover lost partition, but when I try to check the found partition, why does it give me a prompt: "There are four primary partitions on a disk. Please choose 'Search Entire Disk' during 'Searching area setting' to recover the lost partition"?
A: It is caused by the MBR basic disk limitation that only up to four primary partitions or three primary partitions and an extended partition can be created on a Master Boot Record (MBR) basic disk. To recover lost partition, please choose "Search Entire Disk" instead; or delete one existing primary partition under Windows Disk Management, and then use "Search Unallocated Space" to recover your desired partition again.
3. Q: I select a lost partition, and it prompts that some existing partitions will be overwritten if I undelete this partition. But after I click "No", the lost partition is still checked. Why?
A: This issue may be caused by a conflict between the program and the Windows themes. Actually, the lost partition is not really checked. We suggest you click "Quit" to close the program, change the current Windows theme as default theme ("Windows Classic" for example) to solve this problem.
4. Q: During running this program, why cannot I find my hard disk showed on the disk list?
A: The hard disk is probably locked by other programs, so our product cannot recognize it correctly. Please close the other programs including antivirus and firewall, and then restart EaseUS Partition Recovery.
5. Q: After recovering the lost partition, I failed to access it in "My Computer". Why?
A: You cannot access the recovered partition because the file system of this lost partition may have been damaged or had errors. We suggest you use data recovery module to recover data from the lost partition.
6. Q: When I use "Search Unallocated Space" to recover lost partition, why can't I see any existing partition displayed on the partition list after the searching?
A: In this method the program only lists the partition(s) which is found from the unallocated space only. It will not list any partition if none of them are found. You can choose "Search Entire Disk" to search all possible partitions on the hard disk. But it will cost more time to finish searching.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.