"I have updated my iOS device to iOS 10, now Xcode says 'could not find developer disk image' while trying to run on iPhone using Xcode 7.3. How can I fix the problem and make Xcode support iOS 10 devices?"
When develop with Xcode 7 on iOS 10 devices, inadvertently "could not find developer disk image" would occur, suggesting a mismatch between Xcode version and iOS devices. To fix the error in order to complete the develop, you can start like the following methods instruct.
For your information, there are multiple ways to solve "could not find developer disk image" error due to Xcode is too old and the related device you're using is updated to the latest version. And we selected some of the most effective and straightforward solutions from forums and Apple communities for people in needs, thank everyone who makes such a great contribution there.
Fix 1. Update your Xcode 7.x to Xcode 8.x
This is by far the simplest method to fix Xcode error on iOS 10. To update to the latest version of Xcode, go to the App Store https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/, you need to sign in as a developer with your Apple ID and password.
1. Go to /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport.
2. Go to /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSup port/.
3. Copy folder iOS 8.x in another folder.
4. Restart Xcode.
Fix 2. Make iOS 10 support Xcode 7
If you want to develop with Xcode 7 on your iOS10 device :
1. Rename your Xcode.app to Xcode7.app and download Xcode 8 from the app store.
2. Run Xcode 8 once to install it.
3. Open the terminal and create a symbolic link from Xcode 8 Developer Disk Image 10.0 to Xcode 8 Developer Disk Image folder using this command:
ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/10.0\ (14A345)/ /Applications/Xcode7.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/10.0
By fixing Xcode error on iOS 10 "could not find developer disk image", some may suffer from data loss, such as contacts, pictures, notes, reminders, safari bookmarks while installing Xcode on the device. Don't worry about that if you unfortunately lost data. Download EaseUS MobiSaver and install it on a Windows PC or Mac, and run the software to recover lost iPhone data.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat