It’s no longer strange for iOS device users to lose contacts or messages anymore every time when they update to new iOS system in their iDevices. Similar problem may happen to your again when you update to iOS 10. So how will you restore lost contacts, messages due to iOS 10 update? If you are trying to find solution to recover lost contacts or messages after updating to iOS 10, follow below recommended free methods to do it now.
To recover lost contacts or messages from iCloud backup requires you have created a backup of contacts or messages into the iCloud before you update to iOS 10.
1. Sign into iCloud on your iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud and turn off Contacts;
2. Press Keep on My iPhone when the popup messages come up;
3. Turn on the Contacts and tap Merge.
Then you need wait for a while, all lost contacts will be restored back to your iOS device again.
You can also restore lost contacts or messages from your recent backups in iTunes after update to iOS 10. It also requires you to have created the backup before iOS 10 update.
1. Open iTunes on PC or Mac that you used to backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod;
2. Connect iOS device to the computer with a USB cable.
Follow the onscreen steps to enter your device pass-code or to trust This Computer.
3. Select your iOS device such as iPhone, iPad or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes.
4. Choose Restore Backup in iTunes and look at the date and size of each backup and select the most relevant.
5. Click Restore and wait for the restore to be finished.
If you have no iCloud or iTunes backups when you update to iOS 10, things will be complicate and your only choice is to try some iOS data recovery software to see whether you have lucky to get lost contacts or messages back from your iPhone. And why is it recommended for you to try use iOS data recovery software? It’s 100% risk free and when false operations are committed, no damages will do to your iOS data or iOS device.
Here we’d like to recommend you try a highly praised iOS data recovery software - EaseUS MobiSaver which supports you to restore lost contacts, messages, photos, calendars, notes or other files from your iOS device with 3 simple clicks. If you fail to restore all backups from iCloud or iTunes backup, this software also works to help.
1. Connect iDevice with PC. Launch EaseUS MobiSaver on your PC.
Choose "Recover from iOS Device", "Recover from iTunes Backup" or "Recover from iCloud Backup" and click Scan.
2. Scan iOS Device, iTunes or iCloud and find important data.
EaseUS Mobisaver will automatically scan iOS device, iTunes or iCloud and find present data and even some lost data for you.
3. Preview and restore.
You can choose the important data such as your contacts, photos, SMS or or other data to click Recover and save those data to a safe spot in on PC.
If you do need a free one, you may try the free version - EaseUS MobiSaver Free which also works to restore lost iOS data. But you may need to restore only one file at one time.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat