Apple has released 2 beta versions for iOS 10 to the world iOS device users and more and more iPhone, iPad and even iPod touch users are trying to update their devices into iOS 10. However, numerous iOS 10 update problems such as error 14 pop up continuously while updating to iOS 10. Here below, effective methods will be ready to help you fix iOS 10 update problems/errors and update to iOS 10 without losing data.
In order to help iOS device users to smoothly update their devices into iOS 10 and enjoy new features in iOS 10, here we’ve connected some major reasons that you may meet while updating to iOS 10. If you find that there indeed exist one or two problems that you are facing while updating your iDevice into iOS 10, don’t be panic and you’ll find effective solutions to fix iOS 10 update errors so to smoothly update to iOS 10 without any obstacles. Let’s see the major iOS 10 update problems or errors now:
1. Error 14 report after update to iOS 10 Beta;
2. iPhone/iPad stuck on verifying update;
3. Software update failure while downloading iOS 10;
4. iDevice stuck on Slide to Upgrade screen;
5. Stuck in recovery mode while updating iOS 10;
Here are the major problems for updating to iOS 10. And if you are facing these problems during iOS 10 update process, don’t worry. Here the following, you’ll find effective methods to solve and fix these iOS 10 update problems and update to iOS 10 without losing data.
In order to update to iOS 10 smoothly in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, there are some preparation jobs that must be done before you starting the iOS 10 update job. Follow below tips and get your iOS devices ready for iOS 10 now:
1. Leave at least 2GB free space in iPhone, iPad or iPod for iOS 10 update;
2. Update iTunes into the latest version;
3. Backup all your data before starting iOS 10 update process;
You can backup data by using iCloud or iTunes on a Mac or Windows PC with simple clicks.
For protecting personal data and privacy, here we highly recommend you to backup all your iPhone, iPad or iPod data into PC or external storage devices. Some backup programs may work for you to do this job.
Here we’d like to advice you trying EaseUS MobiSaver which allows you to backup all data to PC within only 3 simple steps. And you may also use this tool to restore all iCloud, iTunes backup to avoid data loss issue after updating to iOS 10. It’s help you to update to iOS 10 without losing data.
After backing up iOS data, you can now update your iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad to iOS 10. Here we’d like to introduce you two major accesses to update to iOS 10:
Upgrade iOS 10 via OTA
Please do remember to leave enough battery in your iOS device before updating to iOS 10 and connect to WiFi.
Tap Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install
This is the easiest way for you to update to new iOS system on your iDevices. But this may take a long time. Therefore, please be patient while the iOS devices are getting iOS 10.
Update to iOS 10 by iTunes
Do remember to update iTunes into the latest version, which will help you to get access to iOS 10 and download it smoothly.
1. Connect iOS device with PC, wait iTunes to launch and connect to iOS device.
2. Click Device > Check for Update and it will download iOS 10 automatically. > Press Download and Update.
3. Download iOS 10 IPSW firmware file and select the relative .ipsw file for your device.
4. After downloading iOS firmware file, press and hold Option key/ Shift key > press Check for Update > When the iOS 10 update messages pops up, click Update.
5. Click Next > Agree.
Be patient when iTunes downloads the iOS firmware and let iOS 10 install on iPhone or iPad automatically. After this, restart iDevice one or two times after installing iOS 10 till you see the Hello screen.
If you fail to update to iOS 10, please do remember to check whether your device support iOS 10 or not.
If your iDevice support iOS 10 but fail to install this new iOS system, you may have met some iOS 10 update problems or errors. Here below, we’ll offer you some relative solutions for some top problems that you may meet during the iOS 10 update process(which we’ve mentioned at the beginning of this passage):
1. Fix Error 14 after update to iOS 10
Here the following are some recommended solutions for error 14 in iOS 10 and if you are facing this error report, please try it and one of them may help:
2. Fix iDevice Stuck on verifying update error
3. Solve software update failure error while updating to iOS 10
4. iDevice stuck on Slide to Upgrade screen
5. iDevce stuck in recovery mode while updating to iOS 10
After fixing iOS 10 update problems, you can repeat step 1 to get iOS 10 installed in your iPhone, iPad or iPod and enjoy new features in iOS 10 then. You can also restore your backups to iDevice and reusing them again.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat