Recover the compressed files/folder on NTFS drive
How do I recover the deleted, missing or lost logical drives?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Download Instruction:
- 1. Click the download to get Data Recovery Wizard
- 2. Save then install it on a drive other than the one on which your files were lost
- 3. Run Data Recovery Wizard, search your drive and preview the files found in the results screen
NTFS compression is available on volumes that use the NTFS file system, and NTFS compression has the following features and limitations:
- You can use NTFS compression to compress individual files and folders, as well as an entire NTFS volume.
- You can compress a folder without compressing its contents.
- You can work with NTFS-compressed files without decompressing them, because they are decompressed and recompressed without user intervention.
- You can display NTFS-compressed file and folder names in a different color to make them easier to identify.
- You may notice a decrease in performance when you work with NTFS-compressed files. When you open a compressed file, Windows automatically decompresses it for you, and when you close the file, Windows compresses it again. This process may decrease your computer performance.
- NTFS-compressed files and folders only remain compressed while they are stored on an NTFS Volume.
- You cannot encrypt an NTFS compressed file.
More information, please see: How to use file compression in Windows XP
Data Recovery Wizard supports NTFS Compressed Files recovery. The blue "sample1.txt" is a compressed files of NTFS drive.
The trial version of Data Recovery Wizard gives you a much fairer idea about chances of data recovery from your hard disk before deciding upon the purchase. How to continue trial version's recovery without rescanning by full version?
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Download and try Data Recovery Wizard now. Check the Data Recovery Wizard search results screen and use the preview feature to display the file that you are trying to recover. If you find what you are looking for, then purchase a product activation key to save your recovered files to another drive.
If you are seeking for Mac data recovery software, please go to see EaseUS Mac Data Recovery Wizard.
Do not forget to backup your data! Reliable Windows backup software for business and home users.
- System, file backup and disaster recovery.
- Backup system state or save important data.
- Automatic backup and much more.
Read More Download
Common problems related to data loss and our solutions: