How to retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition?
Try to retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition
Many people search methods to retrieve formatted data after they format hard drives by accident. Some people may ask for assistance from data recovery service center; while others may seek some data recovery software to retrieve formatted data among much same-type software. However, they don't know which one should be chosen at all to retrieve formatted data from disk/partition. Before all of them, we should learn something about format and unformat.
Format a hard disk
When we format a disk, the Operating System erases all bookkeeping information on the disk, tests the disk to make sure all sectors are reliable, marks bad sectors (that is, those that are scratched), and creates internal address tables for later uses to locate information. Every hard disk should be formatted before use; it is the process of preparing a hard disk or other storage medium for use, including setting up an empty file system. Formatting a disk involves two quite different processes known as low-level and high-level formatting.
High-level formatting: a process of writing the file system structures on the disk that let the disk to be used for storing programs and data.
Low-level formatting: a process of formatting disk surfaces and installing characteristics like sector numbers that are visible to, and used by the disk controller hardware.
It is not necessary to format your disk through low-level format because it will physically damage the disk and cut short the life of the disk. A high-level format will suffice for most purposes by wiping out the control structures and writing new ones. The old information is lost and the disk appears as new after a high-level formatting.
Unformat a hard disk
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems provide a program for users to format hard disks directly, but no program to unformat hard disks. So sometimes when you accidentally format the computer system or hard disk and reformat them to retrieve formatted data, it often shows following errors: (these errors are frequently displayed on a black screen with white text)
- Operating System not found
- Invalid or corrupt FAT
- Cannot find file or program
- Invalid command.com
- Primary/Secondary Hard disk failure
- Non system disk
- Disk error
What more serious is that, if we accidentally format a disk where there are useful data, it's not useful to reformat to retrieve data from formatted disk/partition. We must note that reformatting a disk does not erase the data on the disk, only the address tables. A computer specialist of the data recovery service center should be able to retrieve formatted data which contains vital information. You can also try using Windows data recovery software to retrieve formatted data from disk/partition by yourself.
Safe and easy method to retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition
Since EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard was born, it's unnecessary for anyone to suffer such a difficulty to retrieve data from formatted disk/partition.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is reliable data recovery software that provides users with powerful unformat, undelete, and data recovery functionality. With EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, users can view and retrieve formatted data or deleted data and folders from disk/partition. Disk Scan option gives users outstanding unformat ability to retrieve data from formatted, reformatted, corrupted and damaged NTFS and FAT hard drives and partitions.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the most comprehensive data recovery software used to retrieve formatted data after we format hard drive of the Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008/2012/Windows 7/8. Using Complete Recovery, users can retrieve formatted data from disk/partition safely.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can retrieve formatted data from disk/partition in following cases:
- Unformat FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS partition from formatted hard drives via quick or complete format.
- Retrieve files & folders formatted through the Windows Command Line or from DOS.
- Retrieve files & folders formatted through disk manager tools, such as EaseUS Partition Master, Partition Magic.
- Support localized and long filenames.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Complete Recovery can retrieve formatted data from various files types and storage media including: Hard Drives, Zip Disks. Digital camera cards, USB Drives, and any other storage device whose drive letter is displayed in Windows "My computer".
There are three recovery modes on the software, Deleted File Recovery, Complete Recovery and Partition Recovery. When users want to retrieve data after format by accident, he should choose "Complete Recovery" which is specially designed for unformat recovery. Choose Complete Recovery and click NEXT, users will find lost data back after a while because EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a fully automatic tool that retrieve formatted data from damaged or high-level formatted drives. It scans the disk first and then restores the original structure of files and folders. In addition, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can easily retrieve lost data due to format, deletion, lost partition or damaged logical drives, virus infection, software crash, unexpected shutdown and other unknown reasons.
Step by step introduction of retrieving formatted data from formatted disk/partition
1. Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and launch it. Click the "Complete Recovery" button on the main window of Data Recovery Wizard.
2. Select the file types you want to recover.
3. The second screen on the "Complete Recovery" tool will display a list of file types. After choosing the file types, you will see a list of volumes found on the drives in your system. If the volume does not have a drive letter, the volume will be listed at the hindmost and the drive letter will be instead by "*".
4. You should choose the volume that was formatted and click "NEXT" to start searching on this volume.
5. After this scanning is finished, you will see file/folder tree very soon.
6. Select the file or directory that you want to recover and then save the data to a healthy drive.
Rabieh Adib, editor of Softonic, evaluated EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as below, "Users can recover the lost data by simply performing EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard with a user-interface: The deleted recovery module retrieve deleted files, the second module takes care of defective drives, and the third option saves data from individual partitions. The three recovery modes rescue data in different situations. User can restore the lost files and directories if they were found by Data Recovery Wizard. A search helps to locate the certain files on the disk."
EaseUS Software provides a trial version for data recovery and users can free download it. Actually, trial version has identification features but it cannot save recovered files. So, after identifying the lost data, users should use a full version to retrieve formatted data. If anyone wants to retrieve formatted data from disk/partition, just try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
- How to recover formatted hard drives?
- Solution for formatted PC/computer recovery
- Tutorial for recovering data after format
- How to recover files after format?
- How to unformat Raid Array?
- When to use quick format recovery?
- Recover Files after Quick Format from Hard Drive