How to retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition?
In this article we can get acquainted with how to retrieve formatted data from Hard Disk or Partition with easy recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Two probable ways to retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition
Many people search methods to retrieve formatted data after they format hard drives by accident. Some people may ask for assistance from data recovery service center; while others may seek some data recovery software to retrieve formatted data among much same-type software.
Unformat a hard disk
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems provide a program for users to format hard disks directly, but no program to unformat hard disks. So sometimes when you accidentally format the computer system or hard disk and reformat them to retrieve formatted data, it often shows following errors: (these errors are frequently displayed on a black screen with white text)
- Operating System not found
- Invalid or corrupt FAT
- Cannot find file or program
- Invalid command.com
- Primary/Secondary Hard disk failure
- Non system disk
- Disk error
What's worse, if we accidentally format a disk where there are useful data, it's not useful to reformat to retrieve data from formatted disk/partition. We must note that reformatting a disk does not erase the data on the disk, only the address tables. A computer specialist of the data recovery service center should be able to retrieve formatted data which contains vital information. You can also try using Windows data recovery software to retrieve formatted data from disk/partition by yourself.
Retrieve formatted data from hard disk or partition
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can retrieve formatted data from disk/partition in following cases:
- Unformat FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS partition from formatted hard drives via quick or complete format.
- Retrieve files & folders formatted through the Windows Command Line or from DOS.
- Retrieve files & folders formatted through disk manager tools, such as EaseUS Partition Master, Partition Magic.
- Support localized and long filenames.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can retrieve formatted data from various files types and storage media including: Hard Drives, Zip Disks. Digital camera cards, USB Drives, and any other storage device whose drive letter is displayed in Windows "My computer".
How to recover data from formatted disk/partition?
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select the file types you want to recover. Then click "Next" button to move to the next step.
Step 2. Select the disk where you lost your data and click "Scan" button, the software will quickly scan the selected disk to find all your target files. If you lost your partition, select "Lost Disk Drives" and "Scan" to continue the recovery process.
Step 3. After scan, you can preview all the listed recoverable files one by one and select out those you want. Then, click "Recover" button to get them back once. Here you should save all the recovered files on another disk to avoid data overwriting.
Watch Video Guide to Retrieve Formatted Data
Please remember STOP use your hard drive after format and quickly use data recovery software to scan and recover those lost data in case of any further damage.