The best file recovery freeware
How does file recover freeware work?
When a file is deleted from your computer, files aren't immediately destroyed. Windows simply marks the hard drive space as being available for use by changing one character in the file table so that the file entry won't be displayed in My Computer or a command line DIR command, etc. If you manage to start an undelete process before Windows uses that part of the hard drive to write a new file, all you have to do is set that flag back to "on" and you get the file.
Obviously, the sooner you try to recover file, the more successful you'll be. But stop a moment and think about the other things that could cause this part of the hard drive to be overwritten. If your hard drive is pretty full, the odds are much greater that Windows will grab your precious unallocated space for its next write. Or, if you defrag the hard drive, you run the risk of unused parts of the drive being overwritten!
For that matter, simply starting up Windows or, to a lesser extent, shutting down Windows causes many tiny files to be written. You really want to avoid these processes if possible.
So the first rule is: STOP USING THAT COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY! THIS MINUTE! RIGHT NOW! Use another computer to get the data recovery software you need. Please see: How to install a hard drive?
The best file recovery freeware
Deleted File Recovery module is designed to recover deleted files.
Complete Recovery module is used for recovering formatted data.
Partition Recovery module is to recover deleted files from deleted, lost or damaged partition.
This file recovery freeware recovers deleted files emptied from Recycle Bin, or lost due to software crash, formatted or damaged hard drive, virus attack, lost partition and other unknown reasons under Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / 7/Windows 8. It recovers deleted files from formatted partitions with original file names and storage paths. Moreover, the free data recovery software works well with dynamic disk, RAID and Linux file system.
Advantages over other file recovery freeware:
- The only file recovery freeware recovers files from formatted partitions with original file names and storage paths.
- The only file recovery freeware recovers files from lost/deleted partitions.
- The only file recovery freeware recovers files from dynamic disks.
- The only file recovery freeware recovers files from Linux file system partition under Windows.
How to use this file recovery freeware?
1. Click the "Deleted File Recovery" button on the main window of the file recovery freeware.
2. Select the file types you want to recover and then you can see the list of all logical volumes found on your computer.
3. You can select a drive and press the "NEXT" button to search.
4. Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition will read file system on selected volume and search the files.
5. This step may take some time depending on the size of disk space. You have to wait until scanning is finished.
6. After this scanning is finished, you'll see file/folder tree.
7. Select the files or folders that you want to recover and then save the data to the healthy drive.
Please see "Deleted File Recovery" for more details.
- How to Undelete Files with Freeware?
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Recycle Bin?
- How do I recover deleted file(s) and folder(s)?
- How do I recover lost file(s) and folder(s)?
- How do I recover formatted logical drives?
- How to Unformat Data?
- How do I recover deleted Email?
- How do I recover lost photo images?
- How do I recover lost Word files?
- How do I recover lost Excel files?
- How do I recover Raw Drive?
- How to restore formatted data
- The disk is not formatted
- How do I recover deleted, missing or lost logical drives?
- How do I recover Fdisked drives?
- How do I recover repartitioned drives?
- How do I recover hard disks involving Scandisk and Chkdsk?
- How do I recover 'Ghosted' (or 'imaged') hard disk drives?
- How do I recover Encrypted files on NTFS?
- How do I recover Compressed files on NTFS?
- How do I recover Dynamic-disk files in Windows?
- How do I recover files from EXT2/EXT3 Drive?
- How to do free and easy recovery?
- Install windows 7 on scsi hard drive
- How to get formatted data from hard disk