Do you know how to use command prompt to recover lost or hidden files from virus infected USB Flash drives like Pendrive, external hard disk and many more? What if USB drive recovery fails by using command prompt? Will you have another way to do USB recovery?
This is a prominently used method for people whose USB drive are infected by nasty viruses, which cause the inside files hiding or missing. How to perform the command prompt?
1. Connect the device with a computer, and we assume it is displayed as G:;
2. Go to Start - Run - Type CMD and Enter;
3. In the command prompt, type G:, hit Enter, then command prompt shows G:/;
4. Follow G:/ and type attrib -s -h /s /d *.*, and hit Enter again.
After following all the steps, wait for some seconds, then go back to USB drive and check the recovery result.
This is another way that saves your lost USB files, however, which differs from the command prompt. Apart from recovering hidden files from virus infected USB drives, data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can do more including recover files from deleting, formatting, system crash and even recover lost writing files caused by power outages. How to perform USB recovery with EaseUS recovery software.
1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Select the USB drive where you lost your data and click "Scan" button.
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will start a quick scan first. After the quick scan completes, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.
3. Choose the file(s) you want to recover by file types from the scanning results. Click "Recover" button to recover the selected files. You'd better choose a different location instead of the original USB hard drive to avoid data overwriting.
30 days Money Back Guarantee
Trusted by Millions of Users
7 X 24 Service & Live Chat